free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

It's nice to have such a thread. Up until i got on this forum i often questioned it myself, not to mention all the harley bashing in my family not just on the cost but that they are junk and i am either a mechanic or just really dumb with a lot of money. I can't wait to pull up on a new harley and say lets go for a ride.:lolrolling I must be confrontational huh?:bigsmiley18: Just stopped in the local bike renter to look at the Dyna low rider i will be renting in a week. :newsmile048::devil

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten."

You get what you pay for.

From reading a lot of these replys it seems to me that a lot of people are willing to pay what ever it costs to ride a bike that "makes" them cool. I'm not pointing fingers or saying everyone.......You know who you are.:s Ride what you want, ride what you can afford, but if you love to ride, then by all means Ride.

HARLEY RIDERS ARE A DIME A DOZEN.....BIKERS ARE A RARE BREED

forgot to mention....it's not the bikes that are over priced, it's the dollar thats under valued. I saw commercial for toyota camry for 18,000. Now that's over priced!!!

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten."

You get what you pay for.

I don't know what prices you guys in the USA pay for Harleys, but a basic, bottom of the range 883, with no extras, costs us Limeys at least £5500 (US$11,000) in England. How does that compare with what you pay?

Of course, an awful lot of that money is going to the gubberment in taxes of one sort or another.

Yeah i think a bare bones sporty 883 low starts at $6999 of course it does all depend on what dealer you go to.

I bought my first Harley two and a half years ago. It was a 1200C Sportster. I bought it simply for the comraderie. When you have a metric, you have a bike. When you have a Harley, you have a family of friends to ride with and events to ride to. After 10 months I was finally persuaded to try a Road King. Then I realized what the Harley experience was all about. I immediately bought an 07 FLHR and wake up each morning with a grin on my face. My girlfriend says I'm happier now than I ever have been. There is magic in a Harley and envy in everything else. Already lost count of the number of metric riders who feel compelled to explain why they they bought a Honda, or some other jap bike and how it is cheaper than a Harley yet is more reliable, or faster, or blah, blah, blah. Why do they keep trying to convince themselves and others their bike is equal to a Harley unless deep down they know it isn't? The point is I KNOW I have the best motorcycle in the world for me and never feel the need to tell someone how much better my motorcycle is compared to theirs. I just ride it and smile.

I bought my first Harley two and a half years ago. It was a 1200C Sportster. I bought it simply for the comraderie. When you have a metric, you have a bike. When you have a Harley, you have a family of friends to ride with and events to ride to. After 10 months I was finally persuaded to try a Road King. Then I realized what the Harley experience was all about.....

So, you're saying a mere Sportster won't give me that warm huggy Harley feel then? :eam

:(

I don't know what prices you guys in the USA pay for Harleys, but a basic, bottom of the range 883, with no extras, costs us Limeys at least £5500 (US$11,000) in England. How does that compare with what you pay?

Speaking of Limeys;my Triumph 595 cost me just under $20,000.00 AUD when i bought it in late '97.Ten months later,with 500 klms on it, the local H-D dealer offered me $12,000.00 for a trade.I still have it with 3400 klms on it,but now it's got a $42,000.00 Harley for company.

Are they overpriced?Yeah,probably.More so here in OZ.I see Deluxes list for just over $17,000.00 plus extras in the U.S,and here they list for ABOUT $32,000.00 PLUS another $2100.00 in taxes and Govt.stealing.

Accessories cost a whole lot more too;though buying through ebay means one can save hugely.

Do i care?No not really.My 11 year old Trumpy will still run 11 sec quarters if i want speed,but my H-D is FUN to ride and i get off smiling.It is relaxing and fun,and THAT is what motorcycling is all about.

No such animal as a "mere Sportster" It's the best pure sports motorcycle ever made. It's fast, beautiful, and a kickass joy to ride, BUT - It's a sport machine, can't carry much, definitely not good for two up riding and doesn't give you that big twin, let's cruise the highway forever feel. I love Sportsters but my Roadking is just a whole other level.

Back