free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

You get what you pay for. I see Honda goldwings for sale for 1,200 bucks. You won't find a Harley sportster for that price no matter the year.

I'll take steel over plastic any day.

Overpriced? It's a state of mind and a way of life not— price.

Ken

You get what you pay for. I see Honda goldwings for sale for 1,200 bucks. You won't find a Harley sportster for that price no matter the year.

I'll take steel over plastic any day.

Overpriced? It's a state of mind and a way of life not— price.

Ken

My Bagger IS 3/4 plastic!:D Keeps the weight down.

:D I shopped till I dropped looking for a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The outcome? The dealers in my area would not budge on price!
This says a lot about price integerty when buying a H-D product. Overpriced?
Not really when u consider what's out there in comparision.
This is my first purchase of a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I am totally impressed with this company and the quality that goes into each and everyone of the motorcycles they manufacture.

To date my H-D 2008 FXDC anniversary edition build 1012 of 2000 has been a pure joy to ride. I just love the way is handles,rides and comfort. Not to mention the impressive torque it cranks out. This bike rocks no doubt about.
Am I happy with my Harley Davidson motorcycle? Couldn't have made a better choice.
Price? Cheap $15839.00 plus freight,dealer prep,taxes. Out the door for $19000.00 and change(canadian dollars).
Now only if the snow would go away!

I don't think the bikes are over priced so much as the Parts and accessories, they are out of control. A couple of good examples: I paid $650 for a leather tour pack for my RKC ,it didn't come with brackets. by the time they got done with me I was out $850. The ohter thing is Sidecars, $7900 and for that you get one wheel and a fiberglass box. An 883 is only $6900, and that for a whole bike, I'd like to hear thier explaination for that one!

Having owned a lot of bikes in my 55 years of riding, I to asked myself this question

I have found the used smaller/cheaper "Asian" bikes holding fair value

The top of the line superbikes depreciate at --what I would call an abnormal rate, something I would take into consideration if I ever thought to buy one.

One thing for sure If I ended up owning one I would be hesitant to do maintence, while I take the Harleys apart on a whim.

As to HD pricing we are now in a buyers market!!!!!!

Back