free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

The resale value on HD's are alot higher than other motorcycles. Not that Im ever going to sell mine!!!!!

I was lucky enough to go on a tour at Harley. Everyone has so much pride in what they do and it is really a class act. They are worth the money hands down.

I work with a bunch of honda, kaw, yamaha, and suzuki riders, all of them said i was crazy for giving more for a used hd then they gave for their bikes brand new but in the end the case was obvious... they're just jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

You could get a very nice Honda or Suzuki or Kawasaki for a few grand less but what you won't get is the mystique, the history or the following. No bike has the aura of a Harley. No bike gets the looks and turns heads quite like a Harley does. It's bigger than life. Yeah, you can go cheaper but all you'll get is less of an experience.

Does anybody of you think that these bikes are over priced?
I mean there are a lot of cheaper bikes and look good and are also very good. I feel that these bikes are though of great quality and performance, but a little overpriced.

I bought an 07 Ultra Classic with a custom color on it. The bike was twenty four out the door. Was that a lot of money? To me the answer is NO. I could of bought an inexpensive import cage for that. But ask yourself what would you rather be driving or riding?

You are right,in Canada a Harley Sportster is only a couple of hundred more than a Honda Shadow.But look at what you are getting. You are riding a legend that eveybody looks at when you go by.On a Honda You are just a skidmark, on a Harley you are legend>Nuff said

Harleys are not cheap but if you want quality, you have to be prepared to pay for it.

If you want a cheap bike, there are plenty of Chinese and Japanese knock-offs out there although I have noticed the price of Japanese bikes creeping up towards Harley territory over the past few years. The only difference is that a ten year old Harley still looks good and is actually worth something. A ten year old rice burner on the other hand, not so much.

When you factor in the long term reliability, incredible after-market support, relatively simple maintainence, and reasonably priced parts, Harley is simply the best motorcycle period. I realize that not everyone out there will agree with my opinion but the wonderful thing about living in a free society is that if you dont want to pay the money for a Harley, you dont have to buy one...:D

Back