free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

I'm getting the staight cut. My dealer told me that I only need a stage 1 download, but I'm thinking about getting a Fuel Pak tuner. Does the fuel pack have a standard setting for slip-ons and air cleaner kit or will I have to have my bike put on a dyno to set it?

If you get the TFI, it's easier to use than the FP and you can do it yourself. No dealer download needed and it can be tuned for any future changes.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV

You get settings for your mods and go from there. Usually the settings recommended are a tad on the rich side and you can lean them out a bit.

Thanks, I think I will give TFI a try. I looked at the link you posted. Is the Gen I or Gen II better. Which one would you go with?

I prefer to run without the 02 sensors but give George a call and pose the question to him.

contact_dobeck.png

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will let you know how things turn out.

Alright, my TFI is on the way. It should be here by Friday. The Rush exhaust is supposed to be here tomorrow. It will not hurt to ride the bike a little before the TFI gets here will it. I am dying to hear what the exhaust is going to sound like.:small3d026:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear, thanks for advice Glider. I'll let you know what I think once I get it all on the bike.

Teleman

My wife complained of the same thing so I made a new sissy bar that sits further back by about two inches. The hardest thing about making the new sissybar was bending the 5/8" (16mm) bar and guestimating the angles to make it look right.

On the old sissy bar (that was too short as well), the bar itself was in line with the rear of the seat making the backrest pad sit forward over the seat. Initially I set the bar and backrest too far back and she complained that her bum hung over the end of the seat so I straightened up the bar and the backrest pad is now level with the back of the seat and she is now happy.

GB

I cant seem to be able to figure out how to post a new title, so here goes an attempt at getting your input.

The wife is complaining that she doesnt have as much room between us on the glide as she did on the deuce. This is strange but true. You'd think on a touring bike there would be more not less room for the passenger.

So I'm trying to figure out how to make her more comfy and with these new detachables, it looks like my only option is to cut, extend and re-chrome the sissy bar so its a little further back.

Am I the only one with this problem? I think I will send an email to HD consumer affairs too and see what they say about this problem.

Grahamjb - do you have before and after pictures? Got to see your good work, sounds like you put in a lot of thought and effort to make sure it was done right!

Back