free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 20 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

wow. just stumbled on this thread while researching the 2009 Street Glide. I plan to buy one within the next two weeks. Two hours later, thanks for all the great info in here.

Question: I'm thinking of of adding the Screamin eagle Heavy Breather and SE slip-ons at the time of purchase. I noticed a lot of people here are using the Rush slip-ons. Is there a reason why I shouldn;t go with SE...i'm thinking it will keep the warranty...perhaps the Rush slip-ons don't keep the warranty?

Thanks again for your great help. I'm looking forward to doing more research on this site.

I put the SE heavy breath on mine SG but went with Rinehart slipons
great sound and only really loud when I get on it. Definitely have some power with this set up.

Just a sidenote........there's been a lot of discussion about the need (or lack thereof) for fuel delivery modifications when altering the intake and or stock exhaust. This being my first injected bike, I'm in uncharted territory for the most part.

For what it's worth, I put on a set of "Rush" 2" slipons (which IMHO are perfect sounding for a bike with a fairing meaning they sound way better than stock, but are not obnoxious and allow you to hear the stereo with no problem) and a K&N stock replacement filter before butting the bike in hibernation for the winter.

The bike seems to run fine, but with warm weather approching I decided to ask the dealer if he would reccomend flashing the ECM or some other fuel mod. because I dont want the bike running too lean and running hot this summer.

He asked if I changed the stock backing plate and I said no. Then he said if I all I did was swap the filter and swap the mufflers, I didnt need to do anything to the fuel delivery system. Appearently the ECM will make the needed adjustments.

I can definately feel a bit more power with the changes, especially when pulling a good hill and I'm not one of those who has to have the fastest bike in the group, so the mods I've made suit me well.

Probably the best mod I've done wich I'd reccomend to anyone riding a touring bike is the floorboard extensions. My legs are way more comfortable and their cheap and simple to install.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this in hopes it will help somebody.

I added Rush slip-ons and a SE heavy breather when I bought my 09 SG and the dealer stated I did not need to do any mods as the 09 fuel managment can handle it. Time will tell but it seems to run great and it is not running too hot.

I'm now looking at the Reinhart slip-ons and SE Heavy breather for my 2009 SG. Will this allow me to hear the radio at cruise speed? Should I get the ECM reprogrammed? I'm lookin' at buying this bike on Friday, and am very excited.

Back