free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 21 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

Just a quick reminder...read today on front page of local newspaper here in California a bill is going thru Assembly adding compulsory testing of motorcycles specifically for SMOG/EPA emissions for 2000 and later...due to "knowlegable" eh...sources (probably non-motorcyclists), who say riders are "modifying" their pipes, removing catalysts and air/fuel mixture...imagine that! :shock

Better keep your OEM takeoffs if buying a new bike, you will need them! :s

Glider and Steve07, I'll check the link. Thanks. Yea, I was thinking of getting a 6.5 inch windshield, but i'll wait till I get the bike and see. I'm 5'11".

Glider and Steve07, I'll check the link. Thanks. Yea, I was thinking of getting a 6.5 inch windshield, but i'll wait till I get the bike and see. I'm 5'11".
Hey playhard, I'm 5'10" and put on the 6.5 inch windshield and it works for me. I still get some wind but if I wanted a windless ride, I'd drive my car. Good luck with whatever you buy.

Attachments

• 100_1324.jpg
    100_1324.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey guys....I wanted to post a new thread on this, but for the life of me I see no "new thread" button ANYWHERE in any of the forums!

Anyway, I went to purchase a set of the little magnetic chrome sleeves that cover the ugly docking hardware when not using the sissy bar, and they only come 4 at a time and cost $40.00. I only will ever need 2 as I never intend to add a trunk.

Did anybody here buy a set and want to sell 2 ? If not, and your in the same boat as me I'll buy a set and split it with somebody.

Let me know!

Mark in "finally warming up" PA

Any noise while in 5th gear.....I have a 09 Street Glide Black Pearl and my wife and I love it! It is also our first Harley....Some say to change to a spectro 90w-140 Synthectic gear oil for the 6 speed trannys and the whining will go away! I won't know until I change out the oils at 1600 Km. The dealer says they will use the new tranny oil if I bring him 2 quarts without affecting the warranty. I still think I should stick to a petroleum for a few more miles......

Cheers
Stone Man

Back