free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 22 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

The 09 SG is a great bike - I've had mine for almost 4 weeks and put on 1558km. The first service is booked in 2 weeks guess I'll be over the mileage - LOL! I appreciate the info about the synthetic oil but was told I should stick with the regular stuff for awhile longer because of the warranty. I am finding the bike runs pretty warm on my right thigh where the exhaust is - especially on the 29C days - my chaps felt like they were melting to my leg so I'm going to get some mid air deflectors and hopefully that will help. Anyone else have those and do they actually work?

Does anyone know if there are extended bags that fit over the Vance & Hines Monster Ovals for the 09 SG?

Recieved my 09 FLHX in March and now have about 2300 miles on it. I got it with cruise, security, and ABS brakes. I have no complaints. My last ride was a 06 Ultra (which I totaled), and I like the '09 improvements in all areas. Went to the FLHX because I needed to loose some of the top heavy weight (Bad back/legs). This bike did the trick! Because I can't leave anything alone, I had the Dealer install the 110 kit (with race tuner, SE air cleaner and dyno'ed), While we were there we also installed a oil temp gauge, passing lights, reach seat, 2 up luggage rack and padded sissy bar, streamline rear passenger footboards, all before I picked it up! I named my black beast RobinLea after my lovely bride, whom nursed me back from my close encounter with the deer last August.

I've ridden all types of bikes both on and off road, and this is my best! I left all the stock markings on my baby so I wouldn't intimidate my prey too early.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Attachments

• bike; rolloing Thunder; Gettyburg Parade 001.jpg
    bike; rolloing Thunder; Gettyburg Parade 001.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 45
  • bike; rolloing Thunder; Gettyburg Parade 004.jpg
    bike; rolloing Thunder; Gettyburg Parade 004.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 41
  • PAgrandcanyonharleytrip 089.jpg
    PAgrandcanyonharleytrip 089.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 45
Back