free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

Sadist112

Well it is official. Just picked up a navy blue 2009 Street Glide. So far I have only had it for a couple of hours but here are my comments so far...

The 2009 is significantly improved over the 2008. All the complaints (which were minimal at that) have been corrected.
-They went from a 150 to a 180 rear tire.
-Reconfigured the engine mounts and frame which resulted in significant!!!!! reduction in the SHAKING at idle.
-The rear cylinder exhaust now travels around the bottom of the bike instead of through the bike and past the rear cylinder which makes it look much cleaner.
-They also replaced the front cylinder exhaust header. And now have a solid chrome heat shield covering the front cylinder header so no more yellow pipes showing.
-The rear fender is changed, it now has a slight bend in the fender traveling along the fender on both side which add a decorative look.

If you can ever wipe the smile off your face and stop riding long enough to take some pictures to illustrate your points I know I'd certainly appreciate it!

Congrats...how about some feedback on the handling characteristics of the new frame and suspension, not trying to be a smart ass but we've all read and are aware of the 09 changes, now we just need to know if those improvements made a difference.

As far as handling. I just took an on ramp 45 degree turn (Vine street Expressway entrance onto 95 south in Philly) at about 105mphs. Is was just as smooth as my Mean Streak. The shuttering that people have mentioned from the 06-08 does not occur on the 09. Prior to buying the 09 the dealer gave me an 08 to take home for about 2 hrs. In that time period I had the bike up to 100 on the highway and noticed some shutter of the rear when i try some quick maneuvers side to side. I did the same thing with the 09 nothing. The biggest improvement is my opinion is the SHAKING!!!! I won't say it is smooth but it about 80% less than the 08 I test rode. I'll run out side and take some pics...

Pics...

Attachments

• Street Glide.JPG
    Street Glide.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 5,464
  • Rear Tire.JPG
    Rear Tire.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 5,143
  • Exhaust 1.jpg
    Exhaust 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4,842
  • Exhaust 2.JPG
    Exhaust 2.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 4,945
  • Exhaust 3.JPG
    Exhaust 3.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 4,886
Oh one noticeable change was also the front engine mount see below...

Attachments

• Front Engine Mount.JPG
    Front Engine Mount.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 4,088
Yeah the sound is beat real quite, rineharts will be the first change. I am looking online now for the ones I want.

Back