free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

I went with the V&H big radius on my 09 glide, It is a bit different than the traditional look of a bagger but it does look and sound great!

Hello, I just bought an 09 Street Glide this past Sunday. Brought it home and had to wait three days before I could ride it due to the rain. I have been riding a 07 Heritage for the past three years and have fallen in love with the SG. It handles so much better than the Heritage. I didn't expect a larger, heavier bike to handle so much better. I just ordered a set of Rush slip-ons with 2.25" baffles and the SE stage I air cleaner kit. Can't wait to get them put on the bike. My only complaint is the wind buffeting I get over the flairing/windshield. Can anyone tell me what the minimum height windshield would be to take care of this problem. I am about 5' 8" if that matters. Thanks,

:newsmile107:Try the Klock Werks curve windshield. I put one on my 09 SG and it stopped the glasses shake and helmet bob. A little on the pricey side but well worth the investment

I just picked mine up on Monday but after 300 miles in 4 days, I can say that the 6.5" shield works fine for me. Not too tall. I am 5'10" and I catch a little of wind at my hairline. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_1322.jpg
    100_1322.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_1323.jpg
    100_1323.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_1321.jpg
    100_1321.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 59
Hey Dave, how about a few pics of that beauty with the Klock Werks curve. Never seen one. Specs and price would be nice. Thanks

Hoping to pick mine up in a week or 2. Hard to find that elustrious Black pearl I guess..... Now, to find an owner for my 2002 FLSTF so the dealer doesnt hand it to me too much!

:D
My bad, it is called the FLARE not the curve (think that's the name of my cell phone). You can see it at Kustom Baggers. They now have 2 models, 6.5" and 3.5", both cost $169.95. Mine is the 6.5" dark smoke and I'm 6' tall and it works great, I can see over it but during the day you can look thru it if you need to(although a some what distorted view). I'll try to get some pics up in a few days but for now the Klock Werks web site has some good ones.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the 6.5", it doesn't take away from the sporty look of the bike. My SE stage I air cleaner is supposed to be delivered today, so I will be putting it on tonight. I am still waiting on a shipping confirmation and tracking number for the Rush slip-ons. I can hardly wait to hear them. I hope they have the deep rumble that they had on my Heritage. Let you know when I do.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the 6.5", it doesn't take away from the sporty look of the bike. My SE stage I air cleaner is supposed to be delivered today, so I will be putting it on tonight. I am still waiting on a shipping confirmation and tracking number for the Rush slip-ons. I can hardly wait to hear them. I hope they have the deep rumble that they had on my Heritage. Let you know when I do.

Don't worry, you'll love the sound. I went with baloney cut (slash out), which ones did you get?
Are you doing a supertuner after the pipes and air cleaner? I use a 6.5" windshield in winter and on long trips (the shorty fits in the saddle bag). I'm still looking at other other windshields, but this works for me (and costs no additional $$$).

Don't worry, you'll love the sound. I went with baloney cut (slash out), which ones did you get?
Are you doing a supertuner after the pipes and air cleaner? I use a 6.5" windshield in winter and on long trips (the shorty fits in the saddle bag). I'm still looking at other other windshields, but this works for me (and costs no additional $$$).

I'm getting the staight cut. My dealer told me that I only need a stage 1 download, but I'm thinking about getting a Fuel Pak tuner. Does the fuel pack have a standard setting for slip-ons and air cleaner kit or will I have to have my bike put on a dyno to set it?

Back