free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

Question: To post an image or two of my 2009 Street Glide, do I have to retrive them from an existing website, or is there a way to just download them directly from my computer? I'm pretty green at this stuff, and my grandson isn't here to help me...THX

Also, is it ok to mention how to view all my 2003 Road King stuff I just posted for sale on eBay?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing pics & info. I just ordered an 09 SG, as I'm in Iraq and I won't see it until next summer when I return. I held out in 08, hoping they would come out with the Black Denim in 09 but they didn't. Therefore, I went basic and kept it safe with Vivid Black. Good thing I held out, as everyone seems to be very happy with the 09 improvements.

Question on the pipes, I seen another Blog where someone put on Vance & Hines Monstor Ovals on his brand new 09 SG and he appears to Love them. You seem to be prone to the Rineharts - does anyone have a good comparison and favorite between the two?

Thanks,

Got a question for you. I am deploying to Iraq in March and was wondering what the prices were like ordering through military car sales. I am looking at around 20k here. what percentage would you say i would save buying overseas?? thanks for your help...
Get home safe........

First off I do not recommend a soldier buy any car or truck while deployed unless it is a true must have. Then I recommend you wait till just before you come home .
Then Go to AAFES and get a quote DO not buy at that time. Email that Quote to a dealer near your home several if you can see it they will beat the price.
AAFES Hd program is better now than it once was and works for many.
Are you aware HD will extend your warranty for the time you are deployed.
Keep your mind on the mission dream of the HD and make it home to ride
Top Out

Couldn't agree more Top. Fortunatly I am not a Soldier. I did do 7 years in the Marine Corps though. I will be deploying as a DoD Civilian and didn't buy the first time I went so I plan on treating myself.....

Well the 2009's are way to teched up to junk Harleys computer and engine and just use the rolling frame and adding an S&S engine & carb to fix my no starting and other problems. The dealers in Florida where too lazy, too busy, or too technically challenged to fix anything. I ended up taking 3 weeks of leave and trailered my 09 to every dealership within a days drive and no one wanted to take it on a trade and or really work on it. Finally since I was in Northern AL and still had 2 weeks I went to visit my parents and stopped at Cerini H-D in Rostrover PA (I live near Fort Walton Beach,Florida) and it was fixed in 2 days and 5 pages of repairs it hasn't hesitated to start or given me a lick of trouble. So it appears to be finally fixed and with 525 miles on it now since I bought it in Dec 08 and over 3,000 miles riding in the trailer to get it fixed. After riding this weekend and next weekend I will be ready to get the 1000 mile service done and have good bike. The good news is my 99 ran great and has 1200 more miles on it.

Last edited:
Well the 2009's are way to teched up to junk Harleys computer and engine and just use the rolling frame and adding an S&S engine & carb to fix my no starting and other problems. The dealers in Florida where too lazy, too busy, or too technically challenged to fix anything. I ended up taking 3 weeks of leave and trailered my 09 to every dealership within a days drive and no one wanted to take it on a trade and or really work on it. Finally since I was in Northern AL and still had 2 weeks I went to visit my parents and stopped at Cerini H-D in Rostrover PA (I live near Fort Walton Beach,Florida) and it was fixed in 2 days and 5 pages of repairs it hasn't hesitated to start or given me a lick of trouble. So it appears to be finally fixed and with 525 miles on it now since I bought it in Dec 08 and over 3,000 miles riding in the trailer to get it fixed. After riding this weekend and next weekend I will be ready to get the 1000 mile service done and have good bike. The good news is my 99 ran great and has 1200 more miles on it.

....so what was wrong with it??? Just curious in case we have a problem.

Just traded in the ol Sportster for an 09 Street Glide. The dealer ran me through the exhausts on a couple of used bikes on the floor including V&H, Rinehart and SE. He told me that the only option I could go with were slip ons. And by the way, for sound quality and looks, I picked the slashed SE with SE Superflow AC and tuner over the other two. Definite upgrade over stock..nice and deep but not too loud. I pick her up hopefully on Monday.

Congrats!! Life is GOOD!! I love my 09SG, and wouldn't have any other bike, any other way!!
Wifey and me will ride this Sunday, we did a couple hundred last weekend. Can't wait for the weather to break, I'm going to ride the tires off of this one!!
I went with baloney-cut Rush slip-ons, the volume and tone are just right for me, louder than SE's, deep tone, but not deafening. No hassles from the 5Oh either.

Good luck, get Riding, be safe.

Bone

Back