free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

I don't ride in the rain for pleasure but if it rains while I'm out I keep on riding,if it gets too bad I'll find somewhere to pull off for a bit till it lightens up a little. My biggest problem with riding in the rain is that I hate rain suits, if they made truely waterproof leathers I'd be good to go.

if they made truely waterproof leathers I'd be good to go.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt someone here will be happy to help you spend your money and point you in the right direction for such a product :D

When I was younger I rode all the time in the rain. Always like the looks the cages would give me as if I were crazy.....

Rain or shine, I ride.
Snow and ice OTOH is not for me anymore, as I've had one too many near crash experiences with morning frost on the road.
The only concern I have with riding in the rain is just after the rain starts when the roads are still slippery with oil and dust. Once the oil and dust is washed off the grip is just fine...

Rain or shine, I ride.
Snow and ice OTOH is not for me anymore, as I've had one too many near crash experiences with morning frost on the road.
The only concern I have with riding in the rain is just after the rain starts when the roads are still slippery with oil and dust. Once the oil and dust is washed off the grip is just fine...
OTOH? I couldn't figure that out.

I'm A BIG BABY when it comes to Rain or Snow...

In my younger days, I has my BSA 441 Victor On me More than On IT when on ice or snow...
YOUTH? Why is it WASTED on the YOUTH?

If i go out for a few days I usually refrain from the ride and put off until Weather permits.

I reluctantly will ride IF caught in the storm.. Lucky for me when I ride Here in Wa. that the weather Usually comes in from the SW so I tend to head that direction and Turn to Quickly beat that Black Cloud Home and into the garage.

I also used to ride With-out a wind-shield or Wind-screen for our over the pond members.. AND down-unders?

Like today, They called out for RAIN , well it Did rain over night .. SUNNY right now and a full View of Mt Rainier and that is the Best forecaster,,No CAP on it's TOP so it will be nice for a day or so..:D

signed....BUBBIE

LOOK at what Glider's Banana can do ... His MONKEY Ran away and he doesn't need it anymore..

:Banane29: I don't want a Pickle,,,,,Just wanta ride on my motor cy,,,,,,,,icle..

Not if I can help it. But tomorrow we have blessing of the bikes in Savannah Ga. and it is supose to rain so I might wind up in the rain

Not if I can avoid it. I'm more of a timid rider. Even in my youth, I went easy. Now that I'm older, I've even slowed down more. I find I'm perfectly happy at the speed limit but I'll bump it by as much as 5-10 if pushed. I'll not head out in rain but will ride in it if I must. It's not a lack of trust in myself or the Ultra, it's more of a distrust of the cagers.

Back