free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

ahh.... new member here... just got my new FatBoy this past weekend and it's been raining all week so I haven't gotten to ride.. I feel like a wuss now.. ;-)

first bike I had as an adult, I went through a period of about 6 months where it was my only transportation.. so I rode rain/shine/hot/cold.. didn't have a choice..

this thread makes me remember 2 trips... my wife and I decided to ride to the beach at the spur of the moment on a Saturday after lunch.. beach is about 2-2.5 hrs away.. I checked the weather and it was so-so.. we hopped on and got about 45 miles when the bottom dropped out... I mean torrential flood... we just kept on going.... by the time we made it to the beach we were SOAKED... could pour the water out of my boots..

we just got a room and stood in the hot shower for about 30 minutes.. we were FREEZING....

the next time was our ride to Daytona for bike week... just outside of Jacksonville it started coming down... we stopped at rest stops a few times when it got bad but we kept on going.. of course with it being bike week there were tons of other riders doing the same thing... oh, and we didn't have rain gear either time... (stupid)

ahh.... new member here... just got my new FatBoy this past weekend and it's been raining all week so I haven't gotten to ride.. I feel like a wuss now.. ;-)

first bike I had as an adult, I went through a period of about 6 months where it was my only transportation.. so I rode rain/shine/hot/cold.. didn't have a choice..

this thread makes me remember 2 trips... my wife and I decided to ride to the beach at the spur of the moment on a Saturday after lunch.. beach is about 2-2.5 hrs away.. I checked the weather and it was so-so.. we hopped on and got about 45 miles when the bottom dropped out... I mean torrential flood... we just kept on going.... by the time we made it to the beach we were SOAKED... could pour the water out of my boots..

we just got a room and stood in the hot shower for about 30 minutes.. we were FREEZING....

the next time was our ride to Daytona for bike week... just outside of Jacksonville it started coming down... we stopped at rest stops a few times when it got bad but we kept on going.. of course with it being bike week there were tons of other riders doing the same thing... oh, and we didn't have rain gear either time... (stupid)

Welcome to The Forum, I have gotten used to the rain here in Florida I ride every day by choice do not own a car, You are not a Wuss :s

I ride no matter the conditions, if you have good gear, you will be comfortable, you just need to make sure you prepare for the conditions and ride accordingly. If you're looking for Rain Gear the Harley Davidson Hi-Vis Rain gear is wonderful. It's a little thicker than most and seems to be more durable. the Hi-Vis panels ensure that everyone sees you. also, it's best to have a full face helmet if you're going to start out in the rain.

Remember, with the exception of the first ten minutes of rain (NEVER RIDE THEN...STOP IF YOU'RE ON THE ROAD), you will have 70-80% traction of a dry day. Just think smooth and easy, increase your following distance and rack up those miles...or should I say kilometers...

Enjoy.

Back