free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

I don't ride if I can't get the bike out of the shop. Last saturday the garage door was frozen shut. Had to kick the snow and ice from the bottom and about blew my o-ring getting the door to lift. I also don't ride if the snow plows are running...

If I told my rain ride stories it would sound like Forest Gump. (sideways rain, little bit of sting-ging rain, big ol fat rain, and sometimes the rain just comes up from underneath...) I have riden in rain so hard that I had to slow down to about 30 and take off my goggles to see. I've been so wet that when I get home I pour it out of my boots.

But I tend to prefer sun shine! And anything over 50 degrees is a huge gift from heaven!

if it's raining, and it's just a "pleasure ride" I'll just stay home... if I'm heading out of town, and I'll ride into clear skies, I'll head out.
if I'm out riding, and I get stuck in rain... then I'll don my rain gear, and keep going.

there' no "easy" answer
My bike isn't as fragile as some other bikes... it's been wet, and I've ridden above the storm on the BRP... and the view was worth it
[
P6163451-1.jpg

My cage just broke down today. We've had some monsoon-style rain storms here in GA the last few days, and apparently I have a leak somewhere along one of my windows, since I climbed into the car today and discovered an INCH of rain water pooled on my floorboards!

Looks like I'll be riding to work through the rain storms this week while the shop checks out my car's electrics. :bigsmiley29:

I don't go out of my way to ride in the rain; however, I don't avoid riding because of the rain. Certainly have hit my fair share while on cross country rides over the years...

Just got back from a ride in the the rain . Buddy just got a 2000 fatboy and it was delivered to his house today . I felt it was only right to be there for the unveiling since he took me to pick up my bike . 40 mile round trip bt well worth the effort Sweet bike ... :14: :rider

I do ride in the rain. I don't have a car, and actually don't want a car. I gave up the car about 6 months ago, and have not looked back. 2005 EGS with the removable touring pack. It is awesome.

Wife has a car. I make her drive. Anymore driving a car is boring. I want to fall asleep. Rain or shine. I am on the bike.

I don't like riding in the rain at all, and will avoid it if at all possible. First off, I wear glasses. Secondly, I have a full windshield on my Heritage. Last year I got caught in a bad storm and between the rain on my glasses and on my windshield, I couldn't see a(EDIT) thing. Had a hard time making it to the next exit, where I waited under the bridge for it to stop raining/hailing. :newsmile077:

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind riding in the rain, I just don't do it on purpose.
Besides, the oil on the roads in the rain is a killer.
I am too old to go down. I don't bounce anymore.:newsmile040:

Back