free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

RichardS said it all. I am one who has 2 wheels as sole transportation, therefore my daily "rider"! That being said, living in Fl. of course I ride in the rain from time to time by necessity.
That it's my daily rider is a choice I made some years ago with no regrets as riding is my nerve medication, psychiatrist, preacher, counselor that keeps my sanity (or some resemblence thereof) in place.
I have a Grandchild due in a month or so, a Son who graduates LEO acadamy TODAY and a "better half" who has put up with me for 24 years (please note, the order is random and in no way indicates leval of importance):) so, like RichardS, I prefer to hang around a while.
:)

I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain but I have put my share of miles on in the rain. Rain sure make a bike look a mess and is a pain to clean after.

Nothing like a jet-spray at 50mph. It is not how I like to get the bugguts off the windscreen, but, it happens from time to time. Cagers are too un-attentive on those days and still drive like it is sunny and 75 deg. Not scared of them, just don't trust them, even on the good days.

Been caught in rain...

Extreme downpours, sleet, snow, hail- fun times it ricochets off tank and hits you from both top and below, and high winds on gravel (another fun ride).

I'll stay under bridges during a tornado though - I'm not crazy! :D

It used to concern me but now riding is no problem. You have 80% of dry traction on a well washed road and for a cruiser that is plenty. I still prefer to not ride in the rain but if you do any serious miles it is a fact of life and one to which you can readily adapt.

But to each his own

R. Todd

Mate, I figure if you ride, getting we is just part of it. I have some great wet weather gear and hardly get any inside. I am afraid I have little patience for 'fair weather' bikers.
Stay upright.

In good ole Indiana if you ride a cycle you are gonna get wet. Do I sit around and wait for it to rain and then jump on the machine and ride....NO!

When I got my first Harley in '96 I was riding to work alot. Everyday for a month it was "supposed" to rain that day. Regardless I rode to work anyway...Funny thing was I never got a drop on me. Now had I listened to the prediction of the academically trained meteorologist and was concerned about getting wet. Well that would have been 30 days I would not have ridden to work. So I don't give much mind to the predictions around here.

Here was my riding to work policy before I retired. In riding season...in the morning if it was not raining I rode. If I got up and it was raining out...I took the cage. MOST of the time I rode.

When I'm taking a long trip for a week or so...I do hate it when it rains the day you pull out...that stinks.

Cleaning the machine after riding in the rain is always a pain.

From the looks of the weather report I will be riding home in the rain today. Oh well, a day riding in the rain is better then not riding at all i guess.

Not anymore.Once upon a time when we had one car and a couple of bikes.When the wife needed aforesaid car to take little kids to daycare and her job.

Now i sit it out for however long is necessary.Days,weeks---.Bikes are hard enough to clean when they're sort of clean,let alone covered in road crud.Plus they never come back the same.

If being a dry rider only makes me only half a rider,then talk to the hand---

Back