free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

well it's good to see that I am pretty much like most riders....I don't like to ride in the rain....it's rainy before I start I won't go.....if it's raining while I'm out ...oh well......put the gear on and motor on......thanks for all the good replies to let me think I'm normal!lol!

When I was in the army, retired in 93, I use to ride my 67 FLH all year around in Germany and here in the states. Rode one time in the tire tracks of a road grader after a snow storm in Co. I'm older now and only ride in the rain when I get caught in it. There are a lot of beautiful riding in Germany. Don't miss out on it.

I ride every day as long as there is no ice on the roads, well I have done that too, but you could not pay me to get in a car or truck.

As Hobbit says, if you don't ride in rain you don't ride much in the UK:(

When I started a 90 mile daily commute all year round, I found my riding skills really sharpened up - heavy rain teaches you not to use the brakes but manage your speed in other ways.

Funny that when I went to my local biker cafe this morning, when rain was forecast (but never materialised) I was the only Harley rider there when usually there are many.

We are in danger of being regarded as wusses!

I keep my Ultra well covered in ACF-50 which seems to keep the rust away

Simon

I never ride in the rain by choice. But, I have been caught out in the rain several times. Sometimes on a long road trip out of state, and not much choice but to keep going.
:(

Well, for me, I dont mind getting wet - I dont mind my bike getting wet. I DO MIND riding in the rain however, I do not like to worry with the "TRACTION" thing - curves and stopping. So, I do NOT like riding in the rain - period. I get way too nervous.:small3d031:

Bill

Not me , i will avoid riding in rain at all cost . I've ridden in rain before and it's nut fun at all .

Back