free website stats program Who here rides in the Rain? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who here rides in the Rain?

In my younger sportriding years, I would ride rain or shine. Now that I have a family and grand children, don't do it unless it is absolutely necessary...but always carry the rain gear in my bags, cause when you have to ride in rain...you just learn to do it and use extra care when using tactics and riding skills for braking, throttle control with better hand-eye coordination...

New Guy here. Been riding in the rain all of my life. Don't start out if it is raining if I can help it. But I've never let it stop me.

Gear up. Good rain suit. I got a two piece from harley. Full coverage helmet. Even bought some weather proof shoe covers at the last motorcycle show. That's the only thing that has bugged me about rain. Now I got that licked.

You have to be extra careful. More distance. Just after a rain the oils and gunk have to wash off. Stay away from the road outer edges when possible.

Be careful and enjoy the ride.

I have ridden in the rain many times. If I am home and it is raining and the forecast is for more rain, take the car. Just came back from Thunder Beach in Panama City two weeks ago and got soaked Friday afternoon at Brown Park. It stopped after a couple of hours. We rode around for the rest of the evening so we got pretty dry cept for my Tony Lamas. About 5 miles from the apartment. Got a good shower again. It is what it is, just have to be extra careful is all.

The rain is what keeps me from riding the SG on my 120 mile a day commute. Seems that when the weather is good at home, there's a chance of showers near work or vice-versa.

Too much work involved in cleaning so I try to avoid the rain unless it's a planned road trip...

Guess one of the reasons I upgraded to a bagger was to carry "any weather" gear. Never plan a ride in the wet stuff, but having the fairing, FF helmet & proper suit helps keep you safer & dry.

I won't leave the house for a fun ride if it's raining. Sometimes I get caught in the rain and continue my ride.

Kinda like golfing. I won't tee off in the rain but if it starts raining once I'm playing, I put on my rain gear and finish.

The worst part about riding in the rain is cleaning the bike afterwards :(

Not if I can help it! I won't take the king out if even a chance of rain is predicted. I keep the bike clean and spend hours polishing it as it is and rain makes it that much worse. I have been caught out in storms several times but I don't like it. There will always be a nice day to enjoy a long ride so I just try to be patient.

The wife doesn't like it all. If it looks like rain we don't go out but if we get caught in it that's something else. We have good rain gear that keeps us dry.

If we are traveling and get up to leave we will wait to see what's up but then suit up and hit the road. We didn't go out to spend our time in a motel. I get enough of that when I'm working.

I don't like the mess it makes of the bike and the time it takes to get it back into shape but if you keep it polished the junk comes off pretty easy.

It seems like every year we get soaked by a sudden downpour and usually laugh about it. Last year we were just about 1 mile from the house. I couldn't hardly hold the bike up from the both of us laughing so hard.

Have fun out there.

Back