free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I installed the tfi from dobeck,with a s.e. Stage 1 and v&h big shot duals.installed everything myself with no problems.i chose the tfi because of great reviews, good tech support and a 2 yr warranty. I also received a nice ex military discount.very easy to tune and tinker with.sounds great.

I'm going to put in new cams during the winter or early spring, as a start to my up-build. I have an 07 RG, with V&H True Duals, AN Big Sucker, V&H Fuelpak. Does anyone run a FuelPak with upgraded cams? Any issues ?

Thanks

i have slm tuner on the 2001 rk fi works well even with marrelli ecu i have had terrys components unit on this bike as well i like both the slm is better in my opion i to lost the 02 in the terrys unit the slm will plug in which is cool i had to hard wire the terrys unit then put it back for slm i have slm cams as well loads of power pulls good rhinehart 2into one is a little restrictive i punched the baffle holes out with a drill helps alot i like the way it tunes uphill inclines are a blast bike never dips, plugs look good and will adapt to other mods these work well with newer bikes the 01 and earlier bikes take a little playing with idle thats the old school inj system cant wait to do a bigbore kit i would use this one if i were updating cams for sure takes 50-75 miles to set up any body else runing this unit on early tc thanks bd

I had a PC V when the bike was at stage I. 2010 FLHX.
Went with the SE 120R crate motor and changed tuners.
Have used both the SEST and TTS on it. They both produced roughly the same numbers. Tune time was over 5 hours.

Vance and hines fuel pack......Price and it was eazy install. I also dont plan to do aney motor work....

Mastertune TTS because I didn't want to replace the ECM and didn't want to add anything in series. And if I am right in what I've read somewhere, these are the guys who developed the SERT anyway....

Will use with SE aircleaner and V&H ovals.

TTS as well. Great bit of kit, especially when you start to do things to the motor.... :bigsmiley12:

After doing alot of reading and research I think Im going to go with Dobecks TFI along with my screamin eagle filter kit and Rush 3 1/2 tip compatible slip ons on my 2009 Road King Classic. I dont plan on doing any major engine mods,and truthfully any extra power gains are just icing on the cake. I just want something that looks good and sounds like a Harley should, thats why I felt the TFI would be best fit for me. I do have a question though so please forgive my ignorance. What is the difference between the TFI and a Hd shop stage 1 download. I understand the benefits of the TFI but I dont really know what the shop stage 1 download is/does and would it be a better choice at a decent savings?

I dont really know what the shop stage 1 download is/does and would it be a better choice at a decent savings?

I would not go with the dealership download. The dealership download is just slightly more enrichment during WOT. During midrange cruise and idle, the fuel map is still closed loop so no real changes there. The TFI will give you across the board adjustment and performance. I would stick to your original plan.

Back