free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I installed the PC V w/ auto tune on my bike this morning and then uploaded the "closest" map to my configuration. I'm running a 103 w/ 255 cams, heavy breather, SuperTrapp true duals/SuperTrapp slip-ons. The only map available for the 103/255 cam config is with Rhinehart slip-ons (not true duals) and the heavy breather. Anyhow, installation too a few hours but it was not difficult. I uploaded my map of choice and then started the bike. Bike seemed to run fine in the garage but it's tough to tell anything unless on the road. Wife and I jumped on later and went for a 175 mile jaunt. Bike was kind of sluggish at first but it definately improved as we rode. I really have no idea what I'm doing with this thing so I'm not even sure my map uploaded properly. If there's any PC V experts out there I could sure use some advice w/ this thing.

Just installed the SE Pro Super Tuner (newer version of the SERT) on both my wife's Street Bob and my Fatboy. Have to buy the Cable Kit, Software, and Training DVD separate.

I have been riding EVO bikes for a decade but am new to TC Bikes having just bought an 09 FLHTCU. I wanted the bike fairly right "out of the box" so I had a Stage 1 done consisting of a SE air filter, Touring slip ons, and the SEPT (Screamin Eagle Pro Tuner) installed before riding it out of the dealers.

I didn't bother with a dyno tune-- The dealer installed a canned map that does run well, starts immediately without churning, does not decel pop, is fuel efficient, and is well behaved.

Further I just got a letter from the dealer stating that next time I'm in they will update the map at no charge, and I have heard that as upgrades to maps are available they can be installed.

No doubt if I wished to spend $$$ on a dyno tune a bit more could be had from the performance side but I don't ride hard nor need all the possible power I can wring out of it. I own a Stage 3 EVO that fills that need for me).

Anyone have any experience with the SLM by Accel? Was told they just came out with it a few months back. Also was told it was completely self learning, just plug-n-play. One person tells me that it was to good/easy to be true and he loves it.

just had the Fuel Pack installed on my 09 1200 Custom with Vance and Hines Big Barrels, and Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather. I am very happy with it. It runs excellent and better fuel milage

I installed the PC V w/ auto tune on my bike this morning and then uploaded the "closest" map to my configuration. I'm running a 103 w/ 255 cams, heavy breather, SuperTrapp true duals/SuperTrapp slip-ons. The only map available for the 103/255 cam config is with Rhinehart slip-ons (not true duals) and the heavy breather. Anyhow, installation too a few hours but it was not difficult. I uploaded my map of choice and then started the bike. Bike seemed to run fine in the garage but it's tough to tell anything unless on the road. Wife and I jumped on later and went for a 175 mile jaunt. Bike was kind of sluggish at first but it definately improved as we rode. I really have no idea what I'm doing with this thing so I'm not even sure my map uploaded properly. If there's any PC V experts out there I could sure use some advice w/ this thing.

More on this, I figured out that I need to turn on autotune and revextend (I'm a little slow) and the bike is running phenominally. I've ridden the bike three times since I turned autotune on and every day it gets better. I'm a HUGE believer in the PCV w/ autotune.

I just rode to work for the first time since installing a PC V from Fuel Moto. Since they preloaded a map based on my add-ons it was a snap to install. Bike runs much better. Smoother acceleration, no more sputtering at constant throttle or backfire on decel. I'm very happy.

I chose the Terry Components TV3, it is suppossed to self tune as you ride and uses factory 02 sensors. I have 2009 Road glide with a 96 CI, installed S&S 510g cams with gear drive, V&H true duals, Rush slip ons with 2 inch baffles and Screamin' Eagle "Ventilator" Performance Air Cleaner Kit. Bike has surprised many people on how well it will take off at 60 mph for a big cruiser. Cams have made great improvement and really come to life at around 2800 rpms . Have had problems as bike would hesitate and run rough at times around 3000 rpms. Put bike on Dyno and AFR hit 15:1 for short time at 3000 rpm. Changed 02 sensors and it seems to have fixed problem.

Choose the Harley Race Tuner, had it installed when I had the S&S gear plate and Andrews cams installed in '05 FLTRI. My dealer was more familiar with the tuning and did a fine job dialing the bike in with all the components I wanted to use. Also had V&H true duels and SE AC. Had to pay for 2 hours of dyno time for the dial in. Bike runs very strong and no problems after 54,000mi.

Back