free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I bought a Thundermax with auto-tune for my Night Rod Special.The Harley mechanic tried for weeks to get it working with the help of Randy at Zippers.They were of no help what so-ever and are trying to stick me with a $850.00 worthless piece of garbage on top of $400.00 labor and $60.00 shipping bacck to Zippers and back.They said there was nothing wrong with it and they loaded the map I should use.We tried the install again and couldn't even get the bike to start.The product and the support just plain (EDIT) !

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a Power Commander on my '07 Sportster with good success. (Before I came to this site)... My thoughts were I wanted to be able to do my own tuning without having to be at the mercy of the dealer for the downloads. Also it gave me the opportunity to learn more about the EFI fuel systems... After I came to this site & heard about Dobeck's TFI fuel system & I had upgraded to the Heritage, I bought the TFI unit & have been even more pleased with the results on this Bike... :D

Power commander V on an 09 road king. Change maps as I please with the click of a button. Never any issues as of yet. Going on three years. Very happy with power commander. Only wish they had a feature to adjust the lag on the throttle by wire.

I used the V&H Fuel Pak on the 06 Roadking. It worked okay but I did have some decel popping that I couldn't get worked out, not real bad though. Put a Power Commander V on my 10 Ultra. Installation was clean and it worked first time for my setup. No problems and no decel popping, either.

I'm running the Power Commander 5 without the Auto Tune with excellent results. I can alter timing if pinging occurs and adjust fuel delivery at the touch of a keyboard. It's real easy to maneuver and relatively inexpensive ($300).

I bought a Thundermax with auto-tune for my Night Rod Special.The Harley mechanic tried for weeks to get it working with the help of Randy at Zippers.They were of no help what so-ever and are trying to stick me with a $850.00 worthless piece of garbage on top of $400.00 labor and $60.00 shipping bacck to Zippers and back.They said there was nothing wrong with it and they loaded the map I should use.We tried the install again and couldn't even get the bike to start.The product and the support just plain (EDIT) !

I have a buddy who had the same issues with his Tmax on his Night Rod too. I'm running a Tmax on my 2011 Road Glide and have had no issues since installing it 2500 miles ago. That is too bad that Zipper couldn't help you out more. They should give you your money back just as a good gesture, considering they can afford it. The Power Commander is also a good tuner though. I had decel popping issues with my SE Tune on my Night Train and my Fuelpack on the Road Glide broke after 2500 miles.

Good luck with your Night Rod. That is a great bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've run the TFO/DFO and a FuelPak on my '05 and I'm running a PCV on my '09 but I sure wish the PC Vision was out back then...
I'd love to set my speedo correctly and get rid of the throttle lag.

Dave

I had super tuner on 08 Road King and liked it very much.Tried Fuelpack on 2012 Limited and fuel mileage dropped to 32 mpg.Went to Super tuner and Fuelmoto ceramic coated x pipe.Ran good but loud and still hot at idle.Smart tuned to average 260 degrees,but still hot at idle even with afr set to 13.2 at idle.So I jumped at a Twin Cooled when I was sure it would be cooler.I will go with an af-Vied from Nightrider after break-in if I think it needs more power.

Back