free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I have used The TFI in my last three Bikes with great results in all three. :small3d004:
No need for me to go fishing for anything else as the TFI gave me everything I was looking for, a cooler running engine, better throttle response and satisfactory fuel mi. I have just bought a 2014 Street Glide and intend to buy another TFI after I get delivery and complete break in.:newsmile108:

Is there a discount TFI for us here at HD Talking
WAP.gif

So - this is something of a shaggy dog story, but here we go. I've got a 2012 FLSTC that I bought with a stock engine and ecu flash. I put the SE Air kit and Rush slip-ons and had the ecu flashed by the dealer. After that, and being relatively satisfied with the settings, I decided I wanted things to run a bit cooler and richer, so I put a Doebeck Gen III on the bike. One of the things I didn't like about that right off the bat was that the O2 sensors are taken out of the mix (pun intended!!). The Gen III came with terminators that tell the ecu that the mix is neither lean or rich. I noticed that at higher altitudes, above maybe 5000 feet, the bike seemed less responsive and gave me a pop or two on decel, which doesn't happen at lower altitudes.
Then I decided to put in a S & S 583 cam set. After that, I had to roll back the Doebeck to 0's and it was still running too rich. Even at those settings I was getting barely 28 mpg.

I decided to replace the Doebeck (soon to be for sale!) with a Power Vision from Dynojet. I'll be sticking with this. It does so much more than the Doebeck. It costs more too, but I think it's worth it just for the auto tune feature. Not only that, but I can set up gauges on the power vision - up t o 6 at a time - that allow me to see the engine operating parameters while riding, including a tach, engine temp, throttle position and a whole lot more. I also was able to put the O2 sensors back on line and allow the stock ecu to include those measurements.

The Power Vision wasn't cheap. It lists for $499, and I got one off of Amazon for $418, and that included a mount so I could mount it on the bars.

A few things about it: It marries to the ecu, so you can't move it to another bike. It also comes with several tunings for your model. There a ton more that can be downloaded from Dynojet's website. Once you've set up the tuning you want and flashed the ecu, you can set up the autotune feature. That measures the engine operating paramaters while you're riding. When you're done, you have the option of reflashing the ecu with the modified tune or keeping it as it is. No matter what you do, you really can't make a mistake. The device makes a copy of the original ECU tune when you first set it up and you can reflash the ECU to that tune at any time.

The Dobeck worked well, but frankly it's limited. For the extra $$, I think the Power Vision is a much better option. Just my 2 cents....

I installed a ThunderMax EFI and Autotuner on my '07 Road King Custom when I bought itr new in January '07. At the same time I also added Rinehart True Dual pipes and an EFI Stage 1 (Big Bore - 103) kit.
I am not particularly inclined but I have learned to "tune" and run diagnostics on my RK myself by connecting to my bike (i.e., connecting to the ThunderMax) with my laptop and ThunderMax software. The ThunderMax product has been great to me.

Kkk... I happened to buy a 1998 95 th anniversary. Flstf out of Portland Oregon that had 11,099 miles and all pimped out last year... unfortunately for me the crane hi 4 puked and I decided to replace it with a daytona 1007 ex... had to get a cps and do a little back to stock wiring but am impressed on the performance of the eim... and it's sort of a no Brainer with detailed instructions and the fat boy has never ran this gud... hollywood...

Since I haven't 20160730_143612-1024x576.jpg 20160730_143612-1024x576.jpg riden in 30 yrs I'm not current with all the new technology. When I bought my 2011 Heritage it was all stock. Sounded like a lawn mower when running. So through my research I chose to do basically a stage 1 up grade . I added V&H big shot longs, V&H naked intake and decided to go with a V&H FP3. I figure the cost of the FP3 to the dealer upgrade gave me more bang for my bucks and room to grow. Plus I understand after dealer upgrade they still run lean. It simple to use for someone not tech savy. It took 10 minute to install and flash. Love the blue tooth hook up and the auto tune feature. I have not done auto tune yet but will update when I do. I flashed the set up for the ecm and what a difference , throttle response is great and engine is running 20-25 degrees cooler. And dont let anyone tell you these engines dont run lean from factory( see pic) the combustion chamber was pure white.

I am running a PCV on a 2009 Streetglide with 96 motor, Vance & Hines double slash slip ons and Arlen Ness Deep Cut AC. Still working on running different tunes by dynojet. Will report findings as I get them.

Back