free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
The oil cooler gasket failed. No biggie. Recall for break light switch/wire for rear brake. Biggest problem so far is the Service Manager at my local dealership.

The oil cooler gasket failed. No biggie. Recall for break light switch/wire for rear brake. Biggest problem so far is the Service Manager at my local dealership.

And the parts dept. Etc...........

I bought a new 2007 RK. About 200 miles my neutral light popped on while riding, it didn't matter gear I was in. Called the dealer and they said the factory had purchased thousands of ignition switches from overseas (which were defective) and it was covered under warranty. The said riding it wouldn't hurt anything. Brought it back in for 1000 mile service. So I'm riding back home and the light comes back on again. I called the dealer (a little (EDIT)) and they said the replacement part was still back ordered. I had called prior to bringing the bike in for service to verify if the part was in (more (EDIT) off) which they said yes. About 3 weeks later it was finally replaced. The dealer is 45 miles from my house. I should have insisted on something for their screw up but didn't know any better. Live and learn. Other than that, 25,000 miles bike runs flawless.

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Fatboy has been trouble free. Ultra has had a couple recalls but otherwise trouble free. The Sporty couldn't keep any oil in the forks.....

Dave

hi i have a 12 road glide just had the motor replaced at 12k been fighting with them sine 9k did it sound like a hamming sound rod knock starting at 2600rpms real loud at 3000 to 3800 ps im not even talking about the lifter tick well 200 miles and the new one starting to make the noise again did the cooler fix it thanks John

Put 79,000 miles on my 1989 electraglide classic evo motor. Had no real issues. Don't really have that confidence with my 2009 Glide!

03 soft tail deuce crankshaft runout .032 @ 27,500 miles engine being rebuilt as i type going with the screaming eagle stroker crank (forged)

Back