free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
1963 Harley Topper had starting problems.

1965 XLCH had to rebuild transmission.Lots of drag racing at the track caused
shifter pawl to lock up.Parts that vibrated loose or cracked were to numerous to mention.Rear hub spot weld broke and spoked wheel collapsed.Happily I was only doing 25 miles per hour.

1998 1200 Custom had ignition module failure at 10000 miles.

2008 Road King fuel filter housing cracked, had to tow to dealer.Got recall notice the next day.

2012 Ultra Limited had intake manifold leak at 25000 miles.Caused intermittent missing.No code.Warranty took care of it after weeks of trying to make it happen for dealer.
:(

No problems with my 11 heritage. I just keep her clean, fluids fresh and try to keep ahead of general maintenance items.

had problem with finish peeling of fork shrouds on 2012 street bob as I previously stated, had them replaced dealer did road test said they had trouble with the forward gears on inspection said there was corrosion sprayed it with wd40 have to take it back for them to sort out, went out for a run the other day got back washed all the road muck of & now the finish has peeled of the voltage regulator, not a happy chappy

I brought a brand new sporty 1200 (rubber mount)at 12000 miles. there was a horrible noise. Turns out the crank pin was badly pitted and damaged. It was just out of warranty. HD. U.K. said If you get an engineers report we will do all we can to help. I got the report Which said that the crank pin had not been case hardened. HD gave me £100 voucher towards the Reebuild. Also brought a nightrod special. The downpipes used to glow so hot that you could light a ciggerette on them. I got rid of it after getting no joy from my HD dealer. I wanted to keep the bike as I loved it. But was worried about the kind of damage such heat would be causing.(water cooled too) I,ve owned many Harleys, I find the older ones far more reliable with more character. My old 1340 Dyna has never missed a beat.

2010 FLHTCU 28,540 mi Replaced Front wheel bearing.
Dealer replaced rear brake switch & rear fender brake light.
That's it. :)

Only problem is I don't own more of them
WAP.gif

Well. Bout 20 yrs ago a friend talked me into buying a 79 sportster LOL. That year was an abomination of uniqueness. It needed its own parts book for "79 sportster only". But it did run. No kickstart but got pretty good at the push, jump, and clutch pop. It only smoked for the first 5 minutes until the oil burned off, the engine resealed itself after bout 30 minutes of riding, and it always waited for 20 minutes before leaking all over the garage. Always got me home. It was a dog. but it could hunt!

Back