free website stats program Harley Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters

glider.

BOT Machine
I was wondering how many members here have bought a Harley and had no significant problems with it over the years.

I'm not talking a loose bolt or something but more like a problem that they had to return to the dealer with to have a warranty fix done.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2000 RK total top end @ 67k
My 08 RG in the shop monthly after 27k for tranny / primary leaks. Traded @ 51k
2011 RG. Absolutely no problems so far @ 23k :D

My '94FLSTC has been almost trouble free, second stator and alternator. Motor went to reman. program after 150,000mi +. '05FLTRI had a small trans seal leak and was out of warranty, dealer took care of it anyway.

92 FLHS and 97 FLHT Stators went out around 50,000 miles, starter ring gear on 07 Street bob lunched @ 2000 miles, Dealer installed complete Clutch hub assembly with new clutch pack under warranty:s

The only nuisance problem I've had was with the throttle-by-wire. In the heat, the throttle would slip back to idle. Slight adjustment to the grip and all's well.

The day I was to take ownership of my bike, the oil pressure gauge wasn't working. Wire harness had been installed backwards from factory. Frustrated me that the mechanic hadn't caught that on the pre-delivery inspection. Service Manager gave him the gears for not catching that.

Under warrty had speedo replaced for water staining. Out of warrty by 6 months and MOCO covered complete cost of replacing both fairing brackets which broke within a month.

07 Ultra wiith 8200 miles no major problems. Only nagging Problem was when I let local indy change out all fluids. Start leaking fluid from primary. Overfilled.
Drained oil and replaced myself. No more leaks.

I had the fuel filter housing on my '08 Street Glide crack. That was fixed under warranty which was later a part of a larger recall.

My wife's '11 Heritage had a recall on the body control module that had to be addressed, and the dealer forgot to reactivate the alarm system, which required another trip to the shop.

Other than that, I've only had to do routine maintenance in 23K miles for the '08, and 4800 miles on the '11.

Back