free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
07 Electraglide Classic. 60,000 miles. rear wheel bearings are trashed and warped rear rotor because of it. $50. fix. Thanks to extended warranty.

07 Electraglide Classic. 60,000 miles. rear wheel bearings are trashed and warped rear rotor because of it. $50. fix. Thanks to extended warranty.

:s 27,200 miles, broken crank and oil pump, New reman motor 50.00 love me some ESP:s

Going on five years and still no problems outside of replacing tires. 10,000 miles in six months with no issues whatsoever. I think the MOCO has it figured out!:D

are you saying that the oil coolers are bad?? I have a 2010 Triglide and no problems yet with 9000 miles (stock) I will be doing a Stage 1 this winter (Mich). Are you saying that keeping the "oil cooler" off the bike is better?

2013 SG and had the stereo cutting out and quitting at day one. I've got lifter noise in my SE120R engine I had installed and have since learned this engine has lifter issues....

hi I have a 2012 street bob the black coating on l/h fork shroud peeling off & r/h shroud coating is bubbling, waiting on replacements from the dealer, done 1700 miles

I have had very Good Luck of the Draw on my 09 FLHR King.:D

The bike out the door had extremely loose primary chain.

(simple fix):

The 30 MPH 2ond gear, and the jabbing on-off the rear brake while under Mild acceleration made it tighten the auto-adjuster ratchet to where it should have been.

Under warranty and they fixed; one of the front brake calipers warped.

The oil pressure became a problem and at first after a cam change I did to 255's at about 18,000 miles, THEN at about 24,000 moles it started....... IT would happen on start-up (warm motor) NOT having or getting any oil pressure.."0" was there.

Yes, raising the throttle showed NO increase of any. Checked ALL many times apart and together... Not the PR Valve... Not the pump.

This went on and ON, believe me, everything was taken apart and looked at... No reason was found. I even replace the cam-plate with a newer "A" stock replacement. It worked fine for the first test ride then one day it all happened again. Shut off when heat-soaked and re-started***** NO Oil Pressure...

Riding the bike from Wa. to Az. and problems almost every time shut off and "0" on restart. Let it sit for a while and it would be back up to normal.... go figure...

When it was under warranty, the HD people said may things Mostly Leave it here for a while (that usually means weeks) and we'll try to get it to do replicate the problem.... YES every time there, oil pressure worked just fine.

Trip down to Az.and having it happen at every stop... I went to a HD shop in Oregon. The Owner said "it's your OIL...... Foaming...I don't like that Redline"

I said WELL go ahead then and change it THEN...

That ended up as NOT A FIX. Same problem as using MY Redline....

I use only the best oils and they are Redline Products...

Sooooo I Just let them toss out the fresh 20/50 Redline oil and my New HD filter I had installed for my trip Down to Az. and NO fix using HD's Dino 50 wt oil.

I called the owner of that Oregon based HD shop and let him know IT WAS NOT THE OIL....:bigsmiley19:

I am truly against an extended warranty... (FOR ME NOT FOR YOU)

I have never gotten the help needed on THIS bike problem NOR wanted to take the time for the bike sitting down for months like some others have had to them in the past.

I had a new thermostat Jagg oil cooler here at my Az. residence Waiting for the install....
Cooler Installed and NEVER a problem after that.
Some said it must have been the HOT oil. NO as it was luke warm many times when "0" was there...

I think the oil was leaving the oil pump and air vacuum and no pick-up as the cooler helped keep the oil at the pump and oil was there at start-up every time Since...

NOW there is a lot of GOOD done at the repair shops BUT I figure the 2 year is enough for me. AFTER That I will stand the expense if I have problems not covered.

Heck,,,, I have fixed Most all even while under warranty for the simple reason IT'S MY BABY and I want to be the one that fixes her.

Recent findings at 45/50.000 miles was the stock 09 compensator went...
I did replace it with the "A" replacement and Grooved it from the front spokes Down and Diagonal across the boss face to allow a drop or two of my MTL to get into it. YEP last check when installing a SE clutch spring,,, No Fretting Visible..

Now re built total top end...NOT Needed but Just Because....:D

Re-bored, seasoned used (88"cylinder to go 95") which = 103" because of the 3/8 longer stroke in the newer TC stroker motors...
Installed new inner cam bearings, New se255 cams and Gaterman lifters:D

VERY good work done by the BEST in the business:

Bored and Fitted pistons and rings using SE flat-top pistons GREAT job by Kirby of Prodrag1320... Many 1/4 mile records set by him on his race bikes.:s

Heads were a set of low take-offs supplied by Don Dorfman of "Deweys Heads" up in Wa state... Just his normal re-building and some intake porting and shinn-grooved Mainly called Blueprinted by Don...:newsmile021:

OFCorse, they were Tightened down a little:D for more compression=power.

Now at 103" I did change out the Fueler to a HD off road SE Pro unit.
I had it dyno tuned at HD in Tucson but NOT liking the results and back twice.

I got all the need programs to Learn the Why and Hows and To Do's...and give it a try my self.

NOT EASY Project and now am depending on the Pro's to help me out..

Steve Gmr-performance , a tuner near by in Az. up in Prescott MOVED to Texas.:(

Over the phone and email, GAVE me a program he had Dyno'ed on a similar like 09 King 103 uising very close but the exhaust.

IT is a starting point and THANK YOU STEVE

Trying it out in a little while...45* at 8 am wed. and cloudy...
It is high and dry today AGAIN... 70 is a Low High but:D

All things holding up great and no Major problems. I'm Liking my 09 King...

YES, Valentines day is com'n and I Will buy both my loves Gifts...:s

Wait a minute,,,, I have 2 harley's and one wife also... Make that Three....

signed....BUBBIE

(EDIT) , this is one thread I ain't doin' the usual full read, but at about 35k, my petcock was leaking. Took the guts out and bike is back to stage II rip and shred, get outta my (Edit) way, move (Edit) OVER, steupid.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Hmmm...I was actually gonna delete that, remembering sensitivities of this forum, but that isn't a button option. I ride fast. Get it or don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put 48K on a 2005 EG standard with no problems...then 57K on a 2008 Ultra which required the compensator replacement TWICE....now 15K on a 2012 Ultra Limited with NO problems so far.....keeping my fingers crossed!! Fortunately, we have great dealer service .....

I put 48K on a 2005 EG standard with no problems...then 57K on a 2008 Ultra which required the compensator replacement TWICE....now 15K on a 2012 Ultra Limited with NO problems so far.....keeping my fingers crossed!! Fortunately, we have great dealer service .....

They say third times a charm........:s

Back