free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
My 2011 Roadglide had oil cooler leaks 3 times before 3k, tranny bolts loose/leak twice and regularly overheated. Solution was to trade it for an 06 Road King with carberator and now no problems at all.

First year with 2008 Road King, only problem so far has been wias the front forks needed adjusting just after I bought it. Got that taken care of and has no problems since.

1997 Wide Glide battery ground needed re-tightening once during one ride about an hour from home; 2000 Road King Police speed sensor replaced on Sturgis ride several years ago and a new battery on a later ride; 2011 Ultra Classic new battery during warranty period by the dealer. Lots of smile miles and minor service required. Happy campers all!!!:cheers

I bought my Harley from a family member that did not ride it. An '03 with 2000 miles. Needs soooo much work to make it safe to ride. Carburetor, tires, and rear axel so far.

On my '08 Ultra, the compensator sprocket had to be changed twice in 58k miles. Neither Harley or the dealer could tell me why!! Both times a Screaming Eagle compensator was installed. Traded for an 2012 Ultra Limited and hope to heck there'll be no problems like that. All was covered by warranty thankfully!

120,000 miles on my 97 badboy springer-- virtually zero problems with motor pushing 100 horsepower {evo motor} and 10.5 comp. have rode to sturgis 1800 miles 1 way on it and daytona many times--zero problems-- very street rideable. now as for my 2008 bmw -- a nightmare that only gets worse,, never believe the bmw lie of ultra reliability.

an 07 SG that, after the 4th trip to the dealer on a flatbed, I got rid of it. Less than 15k miles that summer. 2010 Ultra CVO, currently in the shop... dealer thought it was lifters.... doing the second take down now, other than that, 36K trouble free miles. just glad I have 2 bikes!

Note: 2 friends with the same year CVO Ultras also needed major work. we all have between 34 - to 37K miles.

???? Who is Mr. Data? Out of nowhere and hundreds of tech related post? HD mechanic? Whats your back ground? Thanks

My 09 Ultra has 39,000 miles and is maintained by the book. I had a bearing in the trans fail at about 30 k and the starter drive fail at 35 k. It has been recalled twice, gas tank tabs and brake light switch and had the original front tire replaced for free at 6 k. Not the most worry free bike but I still love her.

Back