free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
cross threaded clutch adjuster plate, I assume from factory. I finally stripped it out the 3rd time I tried to adjust slipping clutch(slipped at high rpm 2up 4th and 5th).

wheel weights fell off

2012 RKC Teq/HD Org., bad painted tank day one and bent floorboard(bent before it was chromed)

2 things that had to intentionally be passed on, any painter worth a penny would not try to patch that paint process,(the pro's tell me)
how many people handled a foot board that was obviously bent before chroming? installed a pad and put on the bike

I work in an Aircraft quality fabrication shop, you do not pass defects.

dealer tech scratched a four point dock, my mistake for letting them put on the free 4 point docks they put on all bikes

I have an '05 Road King Custom that's running real good with minor mods that I did myself. Barring the regular maintenance, all is good.

=====================================================

By the way, I bought my RK new....

Last edited by a moderator:
my 09 ultra has had nothing but problems...so many I forget!

3 radios
mainshaft seal/bearing
rear lower light taking on water
saddlebag rail broken
tourpack backrest bolts broken
stator plug leaking
transmission door bolts falling out
oil pan gasket
and on and on and on....

2007 FLHR, replaced three clutch cables within 25,000 miles. Now have error codes P0151, P0562 with engine light and battery light on.

34,510 miles no problems, self maintained.
Problems could be caused by neglect, owner inflicted, abuse and ignorance of proper function.
Get a manual and proper tools, read before attempting a do it yourself-er project.
We all know it's not always the machine.

Al

Back