free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
None at all with 2009 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic. 31,500 miles since May 30, 2009.

Best bike I have owned so far...

J.R.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have a 1999 FXDWG has 163000 miles on it no its not a typing error replacing the orignal stock pistons this year. Yes had some issues with it replaced chain driven gears with S & S gear cams and Fueling Lifters. 5 years ago replaced all the wheel bearings, steering bearings and control bushings.

Just check out transmision, engine crankshaft runout bearings lifter bores and drive train all measures okay.

Doing top end and cylinders pistons be back on the road in the spring like to see if the how long the bottom will last hope if breaks down its in front of a bar.

2009 flhrc no real problems 11000 the rear brake switch.. Do most all the work myself dealership not so impressive..

2012 RKC Teq/HD Org., bad painted tank day one and bent floorboard(bent before it was chromed)

2 things that had to intentionally be passed on, any painter worth a penny would not try to patch that paint process,(the pro's tell me)
how many people handled a foot board that was obviously bent before chroming? installed a pad and put on the bike

I work in an Aircraft quality fabrication shop, you do not pass defects.

dealer tech scratched a four point dock, my mistake for letting them put on the free 4 point docks they put on all bikes

03ultra 103,000mi. first owner had a stator replaced, I have had primary oil leak and loose trans shifter lever fixed (primary was about a quart low when i bought the bike), fixed trap door cover leak, had complete cam kit replaced (75,000mi), compensator nut extremly loose, replaced comp nut, primary chain, adjuster and alternator rotor (95,000mi), and now at 103,000 i am opening up a fuet tank crossover fitting that was brazed shut when the tank was built in 02 as well as replacing the liner that has been blistering and pealing for many years (looks like tank wasn't preped correctly by the patterns where liner came off) a wire for rear passenger headphones was pinched /broken in the metal strap just ahead of the front of the tank as well as a few other small issues. What is agravating is that except for a few problems most where a result of trained techs fixing/repairing something else. Despite this this bike has been awsome. maybe this why I am learning to do more and more of my own repairs.

Have and 010 CVO Ultra 40,000 plus miles. Minor problems. Heated grip and LED dash readout changed under warranty. Other then these items never back in the shop except for tires.

I bought a new 1985 Electra Glide in 85. Put 66,000+ miles on it in 3 years. In that time I had to have 3 wheel bearings replaced, 4 stators and 3 drive belts. I was at the dealer having a 4th wheel bearing replaced and tried to get home from the shop 3 times and couldn't make it. The last time my wife who also rode her own bike pulled up beside me and motioned at the rear wheel. It was throwing a trail of sparks so much I could see it from the seat. Turned around AGAIN and returned to the shop. The wheel bearing they just replaced had welded itself to the axle by the time I got to the shop. Asked them how much they would give me for the bike then and there and took it. I was fed up!:( But I'm back on one again. Go figure.:no

37 K miles on my 08 Fat Boy across vietnam.
Any issues have been related to the abuse of the trail. Still rolling like a champ.

My 1984 Electra-glide was purchased from a dealer and 1988 Electra-glide was purchased in a private sale. Had no problems with the 1984, had some problems with the 1988, but I did have a bunch of problems with the used 1999 I purchased from the dealer. There was a small oil leak which became bigger, an ECM that constantly threw codes for the throttle position sensor. Bring it in and one guy thought it was funny to mention the bike is supposed to leak oil and they couldn't get the TPS to throw the code. What I discovered there was a plastic fitting for the oil cooler that was broken and it would leak and the TPS was not changed, I later found out the bike was in a wreck. Talk about not being a happy camper, it ruined a trike project.
When I had my bankruptcy the bike went in also. The day the re-possessor came to pick it up it wouldn't start and it threw a couple of codes.

Back