free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
'92 Dyna, no problems that adding horsepower didn't cause. :p
'07 Electra, looks and rides like new, no problems.
'68 Shovel, messed with so much it's not fair to mention problems. Leaks little.:D

I have 41,000 on my 2009 Heritage, absolutely no issues other than replacing the rear bearings after a trip to Sturgis from Texas. They were replaced by the dealer under warranty.

Rode my '03 Road King Classic for 5 years and 30,000 miles with never a single problem on original equipment. Had Rinehart exhaust system break 3 times and went to V&H. I sure miss that bike...
My '09 FLHTCU had the ABS wire to the front wheel break, had the front tire replaced under recall and just had the rear brake switch recall done. All fixed by dealer at no cost. RR harley in Wichita Falls, TX caught the front tire problem and took care of it while I was there for a service. They always took good care of me there, unlike my dealer here in WA.

:eek:)

'02 Superglide, replaced stator at 13k, also replaced that jackshaft seal on the inner primary at 22k. I've had several other self inflicted issues but I can't blame Harley for my mistakes...lets just say I've had my share of learning experiences this past year.

09 FLHTCU Fly by wire problems,Inner primary bearing went bad @ 25K,starter drive went bad @ 27K,now it sounds like comp sproket is making noise 29K

The newer the bike the more problems I've had. My 05 Deuce had a total ECM failure at 11 miles, it didn't go into limp mode just quit. At about 15,000 miles it started burning oil like crazy, bad valve seals, then the check valve went out in the fuel tank at about 25,000. My 09 UC had the ABS quit, a pinched wire, then the infamous rear brake switch failed. My brake lights just quit working not the same for the brother-in-laws bike, his leaked brake fluid. The last was the fine Made In Mexico final drive bearing that failed at 30,000 miles.

Oil migrating from crankcase to primary @ 2,261 miles.
Dealer picked it up and corrected the problem, serviced and detailed the bike all done in 2 days N/C.

No problems since, today's mileage is 32,202.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

93 sportster oil tank split when the rubber mount under the battery tray got weak and the weight of the battery and tray pulled on the 2 mounts on to the oil tank and split it
replaced the oil tank and battery tray with the modified and strengthened 94 and up parts and it has been fine since

Brian

Back