free website stats program H-D worth more than a Metric? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D worth more than a Metric?

Bought my first Harley in 1986, an FXRS, for $8400 out-the-door.

Put over 200,000 miles on it.

Sold it for $4000 last month.

'Nuf said?

Rice burners may be reliable but they are not the same product. The only bike that can look like a Harley, smell like a Harley and taste like a Harley, is a Harley.

I love mine. Looked at a Victory recently. Close up was real disappointing - not the same as a Harley.

That's a good thing that a Victory is not the same as a Harley. A Victory should be like a Victory not a Harley clone. While the Hondas, Yamahas , Suzy's, and Kawi's try to copy Harley's look, Victory does it's own thing.

There's a guy I work with from time to time that I only tolerate out of professional courtesy... Long Story. Anyway, one day we were talking about riding and what-not. He barges in... "I just don't get the whole Harley thing." I looked at him and said, "We don't want you to..."
I likey. Gotta remember that one:lolrolling:lolrolling

Good call Smitty, I like my hog cause its exactly what I wanted. I think every one who owns a bike has the best bike in the world under their butt. Hope they can keep up. See ya on the road!

harley davidson has always had the best looking road bike ever made. you just cannot say enough about their paint and knock out lines. just go into a metric bike show room and look. what you see is a really everything looks the same.

Funny that threads like this come up every now and then...

profilepic6678_11.gif

The bike you ride is like the tool you use for a certain job, use the wrong tool, and your project can get shot full of holes. Just "...don't bring a knife to a gun fight..." with respect to both the Kat vs Hog...when I am scratching in the canyons at 8/10's pace, I would rather do it on the Kat...but virtually everywhere else, bring me a double course of the Hog! :bigsmiley11:

Absolutely... Except replace your Kat with my Duc.

I also own a bike that has a very, very high resale. It's highy prized and only a few come on the market each year. It's worth more now than what I paid for it. It's the last bike in my signature.

What gets me about metric riders is their always bad mouthing harleys and how much they cost but they will spend thousands trying to make them look and sound like the best looking and sounding bike on earth yeah the harley davison!!!!!!!! End of story!

Back