free website stats program H-D worth more than a Metric? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D worth more than a Metric?

LOL... just saw that the OP only had 9 posts before losing his account. That must be a record! :) Read the rules, live by the rules.

Amen to that Brian...about the only thing I can add is that after all the years of riding motorcycles...in the beginning learning how to ride and survive was the very first things learned, the next was sharing the ride with others, be it in groups or with a passenger out back. Then armed with a full face helmet, full leather riding gear sport riding began to take a life of it's own...steadily larger faster better...and stretching the envelop of riding ability and concentrating on tactics, traction spirited riding.

3 years ago when I picked up the Harley...it revived all the reasons why I rode motorcycles in the first place... I realized I have moved away from the very reason why I enjoyed riding, freedom, fresh air, enjoying the ride and smiling BECAUSE I could and not worry about stirring the gear box to keep the engine in it's power band, full face helmet removing most all sensations except quiet zone for rider to focus only on road tactics, traction and best line through a turn and worrying about closing speed and such. Harley running a 7-8/10ths pace is plenty, scraping undercarriage and 1/2 helmet means all sensations and sounds are with the rider. When all is said and done, I like to remember the ride, not how much effort it took to do it...!:D

Right back at ya R :D. We're so in tune - we could sing in duet I reckon. Fortunately, the HD engine is loud enough to drown out that particular terrible noise :lolrolling.

I don't know whether to send congrats or regrets that you have retired as a Mod - probably regrets from mpov. Hope you'll still be around plenty.

Ride safe my friend.

I had Gold wings for 15 yrs and last year I bought a new Classic because the new wings were so ugly. I was surprised to find that my Harley was more comfortable to ride on long trips. I should have done this sooner. I'll never buy Japanese again, after a couple years they are worth nothing on resale compared to Harleys.

I rode a Kawa 1500 classic before buying my E-Glide. It was a great motorcycle but... it is not a Harley. The Harley rides, handles like nothing else and the fit and finish is way better than my Kawa. I don't think I will ever buy another Metric. Just my 2 cents worth. Happy Trails....

Back