free website stats program H-D worth more than a Metric? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D worth more than a Metric?

Read carefully don't just watch the video.
they get the price thing a bit off because they do not compare it to the RG Ultra. Don't madder.
The resale difference on these two is twice the price difference.
This might surprise you a bit. Well not if you ride a HD.
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero vs. 2011 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom

I read this article a few weeks ago smitty. Problem here is the comment in the conclusion that "if you are interested in a "type" of motorcycle rather than a "brand" you would like the Kawi. The vaquero is obviously an attempt at copying the road glide. Smitty got it right with the comment about resale......what is the vaquero gonna be worth in 5 years?

If you ever met the guy you'd really cheer... Picture Sgt Schultz who thinks he's John Wayne.

=================================================

The point is, Jeaulousy I think. Not much I can do with a guy like that, but when I'm around a bunch of mixed bikes (metric v-twins, crotch rockets, whatever) I always try to show respect by oogling every bike and talking positive. It cuts through the nonsense and before long you get honesty out of them. "Dude, I've always wanted a real bike like your's."

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you this. I ride with 2 guys who have Kawasaki Nomads which I owned prior to my Harley which in itself was a great bike. Now when we go riding almost every time we stop for gas, lunch or just a break in riding someone always will either come up to me, or ask who owns the Harley the conversation begins and my riding buddies just look and wonder why this keeps happening. I tell them it never happened when I was riding metric but happens all the time with the Harley. The history, traditions and mystic that Harley stands for is what makes it a such a great bike to own. I think my buddies are jealous or just don't understand.....

I can tell you this. I ride with 2 guys who have Kawasaki Nomads which I owned prior to my Harley which in itself was a great bike. Now when we go riding almost every time we stop for gas, lunch or just a break in riding someone always will either come up to me, or ask who owns the Harley the conversation begins and my riding buddies just look and wonder why this keeps happening. I tell them it never happened when I was riding metric but happens all the time with the Harley. The history, traditions and mystic that Harley stands for is what makes it a such a great bike to own. I think my buddies are jealous or just don't understand.....

That's the same thing that always happened when I would ride with my two buddies that rode metrics. One of them has seen the light and is now on his second Harley, the other still says he wants a Heritage but bought a VTX and still can't understand why we get all the attention and he doesn't.

As to the original question my Harley is worth more to ME and that's all that matters!

It couldn't be said any better than what you just said!

Funny that threads like this come up every now and then...

profilepic6678_11.gif

The bike you ride is like the tool you use for a certain job, use the wrong tool, and your project can get shot full of holes. Just "...don't bring a knife to a gun fight..." with respect to both the Kat vs Hog...when I am scratching in the canyons at 8/10's pace, I would rather do it on the Kat...but virtually everywhere else, bring me a double course of the Hog! :bigsmiley11:

said before...Harleys hold thier price,carisma,and style.Everwhere I ride mine I get admiration(not me ,my bike) simply because its HD.Besides,all the wannabees (Harley clones)that are about speaks volumes to me.Harley is an American I con of the highest order...that makes it worth every penny it costs me.I'll sell my family to white slavers before I sell my bike!

My Brother has a gold wing (i used to have one as well, nice bikes) and when we went to ride the dragon,his gf wanted to ride with me on the ultra!!!! as jack would say "nuff said" Peace

Back