free website stats program borrow my bike? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

borrow my bike?

Like the old saying goes.....

You can mess with my money
You can mess with my wife
But if you mess with my bike
You're messin with your life :D

(well, I don't have a wife anymore. don't have any money either. still got my bike though, and YOU AIN'T RIDIN IT!!!!!) :p

Borrow my mike? :lolrolling

That is my response to my nephew when he asks to ride my Harley. :lolrolling

I also tell him that it took him 26 years to build his reputation and it will probably take him twice that long to change his rootin', tootin', wheelie ridin' burnout hot doggin' redneck image he has acquired.

Well then why doesn't he ride his own stinkin' bike to Sturgis? Yes he will be in the minority not riding a Harley, but so what? Ride what you've got, be proud, and be a man about it!

I rode a Suzuki with plastic fenders when I went to sturgis. :D

I let my wife ride my bike once or twice but since i bought her a big twin of her own she does not want to ride my bike anymore
i have let others ride my sportster but only under supervision either me or wife has been with the guest at the time
But i would not let anyone take one of my bikes away for a long trip

Brian

I gotta go with the majority here. I swapped bikes with my son once when I first got the Fatboy. Only for about 25 miles- enough to know that I don't like Gold Wings (where's the a/c, anyway? :laugh).

But let him or anyone else take my baby on a long road trip?

No way. I don't care who you are.

Some things you just don't ask about. And the way the kid is acting? Despicable. He needs an attitude adjustment.

:newsmile055::newsmile055::newsmile055:

That is my response to my nephew when he asks to ride my Harley. :lolrolling

I also tell him that it took him 26 years to build his reputation and it will probably take him twice that long to change his rootin', tootin', wheelie ridin' burnout hot doggin' redneck image he has acquired.

I rode a Suzuki with plastic fenders when I went to sturgis. :D
I will add that I let my husband ride my bike any time he wants, he won't even have to ask.........even though he feels that he shouldn't take it out without my permission. :s I tell him to ride my bike, and he says why should I do that, I like mine. :)

Only one ever drove my bike but me was my mechanic. I'd let the wife but at 100 lb. and 5'2" she's to scared to, likes her custom built bike, more her size. I don't ask and don't expect anyone to ask me!

I'm not sure I want you sittin on my bike. Don't drag your boot across the seat. That's enough, now get off!

Add me to the "no way" list.
I had to ask my brother twice if he would ride mine around the block so I could hear how my pipes sound. He would not ask to use it for a long trip.

You need to show the son and his wife the responses here on the forum. And let your sister know that we all support her decision so she doesn't give in.

It is all a matter of respect for me. I mean would one man ask another to barrow his horse. I think not. I will not even let my 36 year old son who has had a motorcycle in the past ride mine around the block.I wouldn't lend out my boxer drawers and my bike is that close to me.

When my bike was still under factory warranty, I would fix the few minor problems I had myself because I did not want the dealership tech to sit on or test drive my bike.

So now you know what my answer would be.:)

Back