free website stats program borrow my bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

borrow my bike?

No way... especially since he has his own bike.

My dad would let me take an occasional spin on his Softail before I got my own Harley... I think his motive was to get me to trade my Yamaha in (that worked by the way, lol).

I never dreamed of asking to use his bike on a long trip.

I don't know the family dynamic but, it's disappointing the son put his mother in the position she is. She got the bike for her birthday. It's hers. Even if she never rides it, it's not for him to even ask to ride it. Doesn't matter if it's a Harley or a Honda.

For any family members that suggest she let her son take the bike is beyond explanation.

I don't know how the son can be so selfish or even look at himself in the mirror.

I've OFFERRED my bike for someone to ride. If I knew a fellow rider & friend was coming a fair distance for a holiday near me or something, I'd offer my bike to them to enjoy the sights.

Not sure how I'd take a request? Might seem trivial to some but, it's seems reasonable to me.

Yea this may be a record for folks giving the thumbs up!

I will add this however......some may think I am horrible but oh well.......I won't let anyone ride my bike even to "give it a whirl" around the block. And the guys I ride with have way more experience than me! Here is my reason.....I go crazy without my bike if it is in the shop for service for a day or two! If I let a friend take mine for a quick spin and it gets damaged......now what?!!!? Repairs are expensive and being without my bike for an extended period of time would be hard. Now if I damage my own bike I only have myself to be angry at.......not my friend. I look at it this way.....my friendship is way to important to let someone ride my bike. Kind of the same as a good fences make good neighbors. I saved for years to be able to own a harley and it is actually that important to me!

She is just trying to prevent a major catastrophe. Both liable and injury. It a shame her son does not see it that way....He should rent a bike and be completly responsible himself and leave his Moms bike alone.

Back