free website stats program borrow my bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

borrow my bike?

Don't know about how other riders perceive this, but I'm "personally" attached to my bike so there's only one "person" who operates it...me.

Owned my truck for 5-years & added bedliner, bed cover + bug shield (~$700 accessories), but would let anyone in my family drive/borrow. Owned my bike for 2-years & added close to $3000 parts/accessories - my toy(s) & mine to ride.

Also, huge difference in operability from 4-wheels to 2-wheels & adding thousands of other bikers in the mix makes riding extremely tricky w/too many distractions. I'm saying the son needs to buy, or rent...JMO.

I dont blame her at all. I know I certainly wouldn't lend my bike out for a trip like that. If he really wants to ride then he needs to buy one for himself.

I have to agree , maybe a spin around the block but a long trip like that ummm no way . My son-in-law drools eveytime he see my bike , he does have his own , suzuki boulevard 800 , so one day when he was there I offered to let him take my bike for a spin , he was dumb founded . He hopped on it a went for a few miles and the returned with the biggest smile . But after that he's never asked me to drive it again , he now just really wants his own , AND SOME DAY HE WILL .

Borrow? Woman, gun, truck, bike - NO!!! :newsmile055:
I like that! I might be slightly more lenient...woman? no way; gun? if you clean it afterward; truck? sure; bike? no way

My son asked to borrow my bike once...I'm still laughing. :laugh

I won't even sit on another guys bike without asking first but I wouldn't have the nerve to ask to borrow it. I will trade occasionally but only if the other bike is nicer than mine. :)

since i bought my trike i have had countless people ask me to try it out, ( thats not going to happen ) i got sick of saying no all the time so i installed a foot clutch and jockey shift, no one has asked to take it for a ride in three months -- should have installed it when i first got the trike

Wouldn't even have to think that one over. Simple NO. I worked hard to buy it, so you do the same or go rent one. Plus, I could not imagine the guilt I would feel is something happened to him during that ride on my bike.

I've lent golf clubs to "friends" before only to get them back damaged and their response, I don't like the way it hits, well you bent it...no it must have been like that...Never again, only to experienced players.

He has his own bike not a harley but a newer bike that he has won contest with,and they tried to butter her up to the point it made me sick.Its pretty stupid really.Could go on about it for days ,guess I'll write dear abby or something

Well then why doesn't he ride his own stinkin' bike to Sturgis? Yes he will be in the minority not riding a Harley, but so what? Ride what you've got, be proud, and be a man about it!

Back