free website stats program borrow my bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

borrow my bike?

tlg1100

My older sister got into motorcycle's about 5 years ago, and bought a honda 650.Last fall she bought a harley dyna glide? for 47th birthday,now her son wants to borrow it for sturgis trip and she said no,now son and wife won't talk to her(lame)I agree with her and rest of family doesn't, but none of them ride or shelled out thousands of bucks for a bike.And there is no way I let anyone take my one and only harley anywhere..anyway just want to vent.:newsmile055:

Your sister is right. tell son to rent a bike...or. Buy one of his own.These bikes of ours are real personal. Even IF Someone could/would give full replacement if damaged, it still would not make things 'right' . I'd let any friend /family borrow my car for it's only a car and means little to me. My bike?.....different story. I'd have no problem saying NO.

Occasional trade with wife for 50 miles. I would let my seasoned rider brother borrow my bike in a pinch. (He would never ask though). Loaning my son a bike to ride to Sturgis? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Being his mother she probably knows more than most about the son and may have very good reason to say NO than the others who disagree with her. All to often I say YES to my kids when I should say NO and for that I applaud you sister.

I dont think so. My kids have tried to borrow the wife's bike and she said NO they wont even think of asking me.

Just another reason to say no so the son will learn to be self sufficient. If he wants to go to Sturgis then buy or rent a bike. Don't expect someone to help you out because you feel they owe you. They don't, so grow up and be a man! I for one feel tough love works in most cases.

When it comes to a Harley, You do not ask, not even to go around the block, unless you swap bikes for a ride.

Insurance is an issue.
You may have insurance on your bike but when you lend it to another rider and they have an accident, your insurance will have to fix it. Not the other guys insurance.

Generally doesn't work like auto insurance.

Back