free website stats program borrow my bike? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

borrow my bike?

The only person I have ever let use my bike is my riding buddy, we traded for a few miles just to see how each other bike felt, outside of that, noway!

The only ones riding my Harley besides me are the dealer and my Dad (rarely happens, and thats just cause if he breaks it, I'll take his Ultra :s )

update: I just found out son only has a permit to drive motorcycle,I don't think you can go out of state or ride at night or have a passenger,I know people still do?She let him borrow honda when she first got it ,took her two weeks to get it back, Think she learned a lesson ?

In California you may not ride on a freeway with just a permit, which means he would not be able to legally ride to Sturgis. I doubt that this would be covered by insurance. The son is asking the Mom for her help to break the law and then by giving her the silent treatment when she said no, he is showing that he is immature.

Riding a motorcycle is a privilege that must be earned. He needs to grow up and get his own Harley. He proved with the honda that he is not responsible or respectful with her property. It would be a big mistake to let this guy borrow any motorcycle.

Guess I'll be the one to break the string. My son is 24 years old. He is welcome to take my bike around the world if he wants to. I have been on a Harley since 1977. If something happens, so be it. As long as he is fine. I think no different of my 09 flstc, as I did of the 1977 fx. Just another notch on the way to the perfect bike. That reminds me- was looking at the new switchback, with just a few parts here or there.......

Guess I'll be the one to break the string. My son is 24 years old. He is welcome to take my bike around the world if he wants to. I have been on a Harley since 1977. If something happens, so be it. As long as he is fine. I think no different of my 09 flstc, as I did of the 1977 fx. Just another notch on the way to the perfect bike. That reminds me- was looking at the new switchback, with just a few parts here or there.......

Well we had a good run while it lasted :D

Back