free website stats program 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation

yes i did my service light came on about a month ago while i was riding at night and then yesterday after letting the bike sit outside over night could it just have been the dew in the air cause after riding for 3 hours and the sun was up the light didnt come back on

Have you checked the stator output and the regulator? It looks like an over voltage from some of the codes.

Today, my speedo needle wouldn't budge...worked fine on Wednesday. Fuses were fine. Used my manual and ran the diagnostic. All went fine...no DTCs. The one thing that did happen was my needle swept to 100MPH and stayed there. I tried ending the test...nothing. I tried cycling the run switch...nothing. I tried unplugging the speedo from the harnass...nothing. For good measure I checked the speed sensor and it was clean. I think my speedo head is kaputt, but was wondering what you guys thought. I haven't seen another sticking speedo needle post.

Just because the pickup looks good doesn't mean it is. Usually if the pickup is bad the speedo will not register at all or bounce. Being stuck on 100MPH I would think it may be the speedo head.

Just because the pickup looks good doesn't mean it is. Usually if the pickup is bad the speedo will not register at all or bounce. Being stuck on 100MPH I would think it may be the speedo head.
Hi Mr. Data,

I have issue misfiring when the Sporster getting hot!
CKP swapping with new one,same problem.....
Error code :U1300,U1301.
What that's mean.

Thanks

Hi Mr. Data,

I have issue misfiring when the Sporster getting hot!
CKP swapping with new one,same problem.....
Error code :U1300,U1301.
What that's mean.

Thanks

U1300 Serial Data Low TSM/TSSM.
U1301 Serial Data Open/High Carb

Could be a bad connection somewhere in the system. Possibly at the ECM plug or the serial data line on the back of the speedo.

Back