free website stats program 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation

Re: 04-06 HD DTC Codes and Activation

Mr. Data,
P0373 CKP Sensor Intermittent EFI? What does it mean. This was the code I got after my pressure washing incident... I just cleared it, I was wondering why I got it? bike is an 07 nightster stage 1 with a fuelpak. Thanks

THE

That's the crank position sensor, it could be a bad connection or water from the washing causing it. That sensor gives the feed back to the ECM which in turn sends out the proper signals to run the engine properly.

Should never use a pressure washer on these bikes, there are a lot of places where it is not water proof and the pressure from a pressure washer will infiltrate many places where you don't want water and cause problems and codes.

Mr. Data..been riding in the rain most of the day...very hard rain...system set a code and bike started cutting out. Did this for a few minutes. When I got home I ran the diagnostic code steps...I have a 2004 Road King...the code I got was P1352...P1353...And P1356....Front ignition coil High/Shorted....also front cylinder no combustion (makes sense) and Rear cylinder no combustion...then it showed the mod P-number...my question is it started running ok after a few minutes...the check engine light never came back on suggesting a code was historic..and going through the procedure it tells me its a historic code as it cleared....so did riding in the rain cause this to happen...everything seems to be ok now..Help!....:21:

More than likely with those codes all set at the same time, I would say it was the rain that caused it to set the codes. It doesn't take much to change the resistance in the plug wires to give you the no combustion codes when they get a bath. It's called ION sensing on these bikes.

TC -ION Sensing Detection Explained - Harley Davidson Community

Whoa! You are the man..thank you so much. We were doing a" Hawgs for dogs" poker run, and it was over and on our way home...My wife ask when it cut out a few times " what the heck am I doing is raining quit playing"..I just said ok we were kinda far from home so did not want to scare her...lol..I was scared enough for the both of us...lol Again and as usual thanks so much for the fast response... :D

Mr. Data, you seem to really know your stuff. I just got my first bike last weekend. On the ride home the throttle was cutting in and out, seemed like a fuel issue. Anyway, had to tow it home (last 10 minutes), started it up last night and it runs but the engine light comes on and it idles sporadically. Ran the diagnostics and got 3 codes, B1004, B1005 and U1300. Any thoughts on what this might be?

A little background, the bike is a 2006 Street Bob with just 1800 miles on it. Previous owner barely rode it over the last year. I'm guessing there may be something wrong with the fuel mixture (I put premium in it half way on the ride home) not sure if I kicked up some sediment then or something. I welcome your thoughts, cause I want to get this baby back on the road.

The 1004 & 1005 are contradicting codes, more than likely a connedtion loose or something along those lines. Check the battery connections and if necessary remove/clean and reinstall them. Check the voltage at the battery both off and running at around 2K rpm/s.
The U1300 is the feed that goes to the instruments and may be the cause of the whole problem in itself. Possibilities would be corroded of bad connections at the key switch or back of the speedo.

Hard to tell exactly from here.

Quick updated. Battery was good, got her started, reset the codes to see if it would kick back the same ones. When I rode it it ran rough, eventually broke down again and spit out different codes (ignition coil related), so I had Harley come pick her up. After a few hours of diagnostic tests, turned out the ECM was bad. Have to replace it, now sitting around waiting on the part to get here, this week sometime (of course it is when teh weather is looking its best).

what's the cost of an ecm.....maybe look into buying an aftermarket one if the cost is close to the same. I'm really liking my thundermax autotuner. I think their running close to $900 right now though.

Another update. ECM was about $400, but covered under warranty by Harley. Originally the dealership did not think it would fit under warranty, but the ECM is covered for 5 years. Lucky for me cause the ECM was pricey, plus it required a new race tuner, so in total I was looking at close to a $1000 for everything, but turned out to be nothing. Overall, I am satisfied, but still waiting on my bike to get back to me. Now the dealer is replacing the front rim (I believe they bent it when they picked it up), works for me though putting one of the black typhoons on, just have to wait for it to get in.

Back