free website stats program 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation

I've got an 05 FXDI 95 kit 203 cams SE pro two into one with baffle cut
oversized breather. No ignition upgrades. Showing codes P0374 sensor sync error, and P0562 battery voltage low. New battery have to charge it every time I ride. Engine and battery lights come on after 15 to 20 miles. 47000 plus miles on bike. Help.

I would do a charging system test and see what's going on there first.

Testing The Charging System - Harley Davidson Community

You may end up opening the primary up to verify the condition of the rotor magnets too.

i disconnected the pc and applied wd 40 to connectors. bike ran fine for about 80 miles but has now started popping again and the same code po662 is back again.

Mr. Data - Was reading this older post. I have a DTC of PO577, but cant find a description. (09 Ultra). Can you point me to right document pls?

Mr. Data (oh great wise one!)

I'm fitting a 1999 HD radio cassette to my 2005 FLHT Standard. Research showed many R-C people upgrading to CD (both NOT Harmon Advanced units) OK so I figure backwards works too.

All plugged in OK. I have not fitted the speakers yet but when I power up I get "BUS ER" on odometer.

Could it just be that the speakers are missing, hence Serial bus open? All the radio remote controls work fine.

Many thanks in advance

A

Powering up with no speakers is a good way to damage the radio. As far as the bus error, don't know why that happens but it's no doubt telling you something is wrong with the hookup.

Mr. Data,

Well - all installed, radio works fine, remote controls work fine but "BUS ER" is still there. Unplug main radio connector it goes away.

All I can think is I damaged the radio by powering up with no load (speakers) or radio is incompatible with later model year (99 radio in 05 FLHT).

All advice gratefully received!

A

Mr. Data,

All fixed!

Older radios don't have speed-related volume; remove and tape-up pin 9 of the main radio connector 27 and all is well.

Go the tip from another H-D forum, sorry! (Googled "Harley 'bus er' radio")

Many thanks for the help.

A

Back