free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

Thanks, CedarBrook63. Didn't know about hydrogen peroxide's effect on metal. I guess I'll stick to a wet towel to soak the bugs and then HD bug remover.

BTW, I know there are a lot of Glade fans out there. I put some on tonight and it looks like it does what Harley Gloss does. Can anyone give me a comparison between the two? Thanks.

I hope you meant Pledge here, glade is an air freshener but then again, I don't know what your bike smells like now :lolrolling

You must be as old as I am :D

With this whole pledge thing being talked about, I had to give it a try on my '09 Dyna...I couldn't believe it! That bike looked better than the day I drove it off the showroom floor. I'm sold on it. Also, this forum is so full of information it crazy. I've been educated quite abit lately on the HD bikes.

A side note, ordered Spectro 6 speed oil and primary lube last night from Bob's Cycle on line. THANKS for the link.
Kelly

Last edited:
Yes Glider, I meant Pledge. I don't know the "Glade" came from. Now that I'm 58, I'm having those moments more and more.

Anyway, any idea how Pledge compares to Harley Gloss?

Also, going with your recommendations for Mobil 1 V-Twin, Spectro, etc. on my next oil change, which is in 1500 miles. Thanks.

After reading all the rave over Pledge, I too have been hooked. Used the Cedar fragrance last night. Bike smelled really good too. Also found another detailing tool under the kitchen sink. The Swifer Duster. It works really well for cleaning off all the dust before I use the Pledge. I use it (lightly) on the paint first, then move to the chrome then get all around the engine area and frame. The little fork shape handle lets you reach almost every place on the bike.

Got caught out in a serious thunder and lightning storm riding home from work yesterday with rain falling so hard it was like it was trying to hurt:x:small3d038:

Got home so wet I made a drowned rat look good.:D

But a man must have his priorities right so first item on agenda was get the bike cleaned up (it's amazing how man and machine can do 12 miles or so in what was effectively an electric power shower and yet be filthy as a farm hog).

I went to work with a microfibre cloth and water got all the crud off, then dried it with the Airforce Blaster (what a brilliant piece of kit - worth every penny including the rip-off import duty for bringing it into the UK) and finally got stuck in with a new cloth and Pledge. It took almost as long to type it as do it.

End result - a clean dry shiny HD looking soooo good again:s. I still looked like a wet rat, 'cept now I was cold as well :D:D

Hope they never stop making that Pledge.

Buckshoot ... yes PLEASE use it on the chrome, you'll be amazed. The only thing I have noticed about Pledge, is on those 75-80 degree mornings with 99% humidity, it does turn a little milky, but let that first ray of sunshine hit it and it's wet looking all over again. I see you are in S. Carolina, so you may notice the same. I got caught in a rain/hail storm the other night and I was pleased to see the ability of the Pledge to turn water. It is as good as, if not better than wax. All that's needed after the storm is a quick wipe down followed by a quick buffing.

Back