free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 21 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

OK I admit to being one of Glider's Pledge disciples on this forum.:newsmile090:

But.

Now I'm preaching Pledge to other members on a BBQ forum. It's marvellous as a polish for painted and powder coated surfaces on their BBQ's.

I am a SICK SICK man.

When I told my buddies in Minnesota they laughed, sooooo, I showed them they aint laughing any more, Thanks for the tip Boss:D

Not to be using any profanity on the forum, but I use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish - been using it for over 10 years now. . .it is great on the wind screen and makes the rain run right off! I had several cans left over from my GoldWing and don't want to through it away. . .

I wash the bike then wipe it down with HYDROSHINE while it is wet. No streaks or spots on anything and you can use it on all surfaces but tires and the paint on the motor. Its made by AWC in Texas and sold by Automagic. Awesome stuff just spray it on in a mist and wipe with a microfibre towel. Makes paint and chrome dance! Im a trained detailer and I use it because its easy and it works.

Keep it simple but effective!

Terry cloths, dish soap, windex, nu-finish car polish, Micro fiber drying cloth.

Thats all you need and my bike is show room shinny all the time. The most important thing is to wash it frequently so that it never gets very dirty. I ride my bike daily and wash every 2 weeks.

I use the windex to touch up places were water spots may have dried on the aint and chrome. I usually dont even need it though. Terry cloth buffs most everything out on its own.

I put a coat off nu finish car polish on every 6 months to protect the paint.

Thats it! Simply, cheap and effective. :s

:p Jeff was bored and woke early one morning in Sturgis and detailed my Bike with Pledge and he did not ask me for my New Feather Duster:p

Back