free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

The pollen is falling down here in SE GA like crazy. Will pledge help keep this yellow film off my bike?

Thanks, I rode it to work two days last week. I have a 86 mile commute 1 way. Both days I had the bike spotless when I left for work. By the time I left for lunch, it was already covered in what looked like yellow dust and it won't blow off while riding. I know the dark color of my bike makes it worse. I will give pledge a shot and see how it does.

Eagle one fast wax, spray on the rag, apply(no rubbing) let it haze and buff off. This was given to me by my brother who uses it on his 33. This is a "where have you been all my life" kind of product. I've painted cars, led sleds and classics that have been featured in magazines, so what could ANYone tell me about the fine art of detailing.... boy, old school (edit). And my wife tells me I'm stubborn, I hate it when she's right.Please read this...

Please read this...
[notes]
http://www.hdtimeline.com/announcements_news_and_motions/9510-a_friendly_reminder.html
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, got my hubby to go get some pledge, he comes back with multi-pupose surface wipes, ie wood, glass etc......man did it ever work good,(understatement) our neighbor who has 2 harley's, asked if we just washed our bikes, 10 min it took, to go over everything, per bike..........brilliant......no pun intended......so these wipes i will carry with, be able to shine any time....thanks, oh and the neighbor, he will be getting into the pledge movement as well.......

I had a black on black Corvette, very difficult color to get looking great, bit I did take first in class at the Northern Virginia Corvette Show in 06 and 3rd at Carlisle the same year. I use Adams Polishes, just google tjem for their site, met Adam, great guy.

They have everything that you'd ever need. First time I used Adams I clay barred, polished, and waxed in direct sunlight in under 3 hours and took 12th place at our first Corvette show.

I've been using the pledge since I read about it here on the forum. Love it! I do have a question. Last night I rode for about an hour. When I got home, the front of my bike was covered with bugs. Any suggestions for cleaning bugs off? Just wipe with pledge or should I clean them off some other way then wipe the bike down with pledge? I don't want to do anything to scratch the paint.

Back