free website stats program What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

What products Do You Use To Detail Your Bike

I used a spray of the pledge on the bugs and let it sit a minute and they come off pretty easy especially if there was pledge on the surface under the bug. The stubborn ones may need a fingernail in a cloth gently.

ok sounds like pledge is the way to go but what do i use on the the black engine to brighten that up ? is it a pledge candidate too...? new to your guys site thanks

O.K., I'm having trouble getting my mind around using Pledge, but you have convinced me to give it a try. I know Pledge comes in at least 2 "flavors" and I was about to ask which one was appropriate when I noticed that someone had already asked that question and someone had already answered. Thanks to both of you. As a first time Harley owner (09 Road Glide), I love this site.

Glider, you haven't steered me wrong with your other advice. So, it's off to the store I go for some Pledge.

I've heard that hydrogen peroxide is good for getting bugs off without hurting the paint. I hear it's also good for windshields. Anyone have any experience using it?

I've heard that hydrogen peroxide is good for getting bugs off without hurting the paint. I hear it's also good for windshields. Anyone have any experience using it?

Tried it but my scoot went blonde :rofl

It's good for breaking down organic matter but is very irritant to skin and in stronger concentrations is quite corrosive to metal so be careful.

Thanks, CedarBrook63. Didn't know about hydrogen peroxide's effect on metal. I guess I'll stick to a wet towel to soak the bugs and then HD bug remover.

BTW, I know there are a lot of Glade fans out there. I put some on tonight and it looks like it does what Harley Gloss does. Can anyone give me a comparison between the two? Thanks.

Back