free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

Going really fast and doing it on a Touring Bike is kind of an oxymoron. As a safety technician that works for the military and a person who owns a Ultra Classic here is my own personal thoughts on this.
1. Baggers ride for comfort and just enjoying the stationary picture show.
2. The tire patch that you balance on with your iron horse is very small, a tire that goes flat quickly changes the whole equation on balance and stability.
3. I am all for being able to have the speed availaible to get out of the way but traveling at Mach 1 is just not safe.
4. A front end blow out you have a very thin margin to come to a stop with out dropping the bike. If the tire decides to shred your outcome is much worse, rotating parts and hard chuncks of rubber intermixing generally leads to the tire just locking up.
5. Having someone on the back of your bike going 90+ is definately not for someone you love, maybe a boss you hate or your ex-wife.

I have had my share of seeing our America's treasured sons and daughters die from a mistake of inexperience from riding, don't let your family have to live through this because you want to see if the paint on your tank will stay on after re-entry!

Last edited:
No idea what the top speed is. I think I have had this bike up to around 80 or 85, depending on what speed 4000rpm will give me on the 6-spd.

TQ

out for something to do ride on Sunday, Open her up to around 90mph just to get through the grears.
I seen a car about 1/2 mile down the road, Came up on it, Newer Mustang
stander lic plate, window were darken out, any way i follow him into town, when he pull over to the side of the road and let me by, as soon as i got by him the Red and Blue lights came on, the officer came and asked the nomal stuff, and then he said can you turn your GPS on, OK, he tells me what to push, and Up comes 89.5mph. he takes my lic back to his car, and when he bring it back there was some extra paper with it. i thank him for showing me how to use my GPS

Och aye, Charlie, jist a quick twist an' warp thee. Speakin' ay fast baggers, did ye happen ta notice Lt. Uhura at th' last Star Fleet Christmas Party?

09 Ultra up to 90 is smooth and quick .. will go past 100, far as I pushed it .. Could tell it was starting to strain but as long as will do 85 comfortably, quite happy .. Some areas of the Superslab in Florida better be able to move at that speed or get run over ..

Amen to that Jay, almost got rear ended last night on 295 in Jax, last night crazy cager pushing me to 85

My 09 Ultra with stage one only, will easily reach 100 MPH and fairly easy to 105. After that it slowly gets to 110 and thats where I stopped. It had more but not much. It will get to 100 quick, to 105 fairly quick and then crawls to 110. If I stayed on it I would be surprised if it would find 115. It run smooth all the way, no unstable feeling at all. SE AC, TFI and Jack Pot slip on pipes. No engine work at all. Other than passing, I doubt I will ever exceed 85 MPH again, but I had to know.:p

Back