free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

04 road king I had up to 110, that was downhill with a tail wind though. I took a 05 SE Vrod up to 145 passing a tractor. That thing felt a lot more stable at speed than my bagger does. Just glad my stepdad got rid of the vrod it was scary fast.

I know this is an old conversation.

Sept 6, 2013, I bought a used 2002 Road King SE. On the way home, I saw 100 on the speedo. I rolled off quickly and carefully. I kept is to 60 after that.
Several years ago I was on tour and dropping off Hwy 216 from Shaniko to Maupin, tucked down flat as possible. My cyclometer showed 54 MPH. That was scary fast, I was on my Trek 520 Touring Bicycle.

Full throttle with no more to go about 110 measuring by speedo. Probably more like a corrected 105. 2008 EG. I have gone on sport bikes 50 mph faster. Now thats really moving........................................

I had a 85 EG that would only do 95mph. But that bike had a major problem SOMEWHERE. I had to put 4 drive belts on that thing in 3 years and 66,000+ miles. So I sold it and got a BMW K100LT. Solved the belt problem but I wanted to know just how fast it would go. So after the break in period I nailed it one early morning going to work. Got to 135mph and said that's enough. Backed off and got down to posted speed limit and the bike didn't sound right for that speed. Looked at the gear indicator and I was only in 4th gear. I had one more to go. :bigsmiley19: So I have no idea how fast that thing would go. It was enough to know it would go faster than I would ever want to go!!!!!:D

Had my 04 ultra with 103 upgrade & 6 sp screaming eagle up to 90 with quite a bit left , but realy I enjoy just crusing 55-65 with the tunes riding 2-up with the wife . The wife would be realy (EDIT) if I gassed it hard any how !! Only have that kinda fun out with the guys !

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Full throttle with no more to go about 110 measuring by speedo. Probably more like a corrected 105. 2008 EG. I have gone on sport bikes 50 mph faster. Now thats really moving........................................

You'll find that top speed will not be in 6th gear. Downshift and you'll see a higher top speed.:s

Back