free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

Top speed once was 95mph. A tailgater upset me and I wouldn't let them pass. They gave up and backed off. Usually cruise on the highway 70-75mph.

First, I have to admit that I have had my baggers over 100 more than once but I guess I was young and didnt know any better.

Now when speed is discussed your top speed depends on how dead you want to be.

I now ride speed +5 and enjoy the ride. On a Harley you dont have to go fast, just sound good.

First, I have to admit that I have had my baggers over 100 more than once but I guess I was young and didnt know any better.

Now when speed is discussed your top speed depends on how dead you want to be.

I now ride speed +5 and enjoy the ride. On a Harley you dont have to go fast, just sound good.

I will second that. I no longer ride like I did when I was 20, which was <mumble mumble> years ago. I don't bounce so good anymore and certainly don't heal as fast. And it hurts.

My bike (and I) are not comfortable at those speeds. 75 is about my limit. I think if I had a six speed and could lower the RPM's, higher speeds would be more comfortable. When I was a kid, speed was my thing. I got a ticket riding 2-up at 110 mph. Now that I am a Geeze, I prefer crusing about 50 on the back country roads.
Me too Bikerdad! And sometimes, depending on the road, I might be going even slower than 50!:s

I read in Thunder Press last week that the Worlds Fastest Bagger title went to a 2009 Road Glide at Bonneville Salt Flats last year. Driven by a guy by the name of Chris Rivas and powered by an S&S. 159.6 mph. Must have been running 93 octane.

105 An that was lay on the tank behind the fairing was alone an wiegh 180lbs my son was on a GSXR 1300 and went passed me laughing:newsmile100: but like you say thats not what there built for just sit back and style for a while ha ha

2009 cvo rg comming off a entrance ramp at night no traffic.100 mph with more to go.I scared myself because the lights suck on that bike and I could not see ahead.

Back