free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

My 06 King runs 75 plus whenever I get on the highway. If I run 55 the cages want to wreck me. I rode it up to 95 and lost my nerve, it's got more to give.
I took a very hard right being tailgated by a nut in a car last year, I nearly dragged the running boards as I leaned it to make the corner. I thought I was a goner :swoon and opened it up as I leaned it over and over doing better than 85. As I looked back the nut rolled out of the corner, it seemed I had a 1/8 mile hole between me and the car...:D. A 850 LB bike can turn surprisingly well. :cheers

Was clocked one nite on I75 doin 128 on my RK, with a little throttle left, showing a (EDITED) it couldn't out run my HD. My current bagger, not as powerful and only been a little over 100 running 2 up but it will run faster. Not had a chance to really streach it out....... yet.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my fun on my built up M2... got the UC to do some light hearted cruisin. I'm sure there will be a time to stretch the legs and clean out the (non-existent) carbs. ;) But the days of 145mph are over. Ride Safe! Ride Free.

Top speed is not the reason for riding an HD, however briefly you hit the upper envelope...like life it is not the the beginning or the end of the ride that is important, but how much joy and satisfaction is fit in between...123 MPH or so is pretty close, but not the reason we enjoy our ride, whatever touring or sporting sortie you choose to...

Last edited:
I have to smile more than a little thinking about fast and a bagger in the same sentence. I rode 750cc sport touring bikes for years, and have gone 160 mph + on tracks lap after lap. That said, I also have too many injuries to list and quite frankly love cruising at near normal highway speeds on my SG every bit as much, with a lot less fear. I upgraded both exhaust and stereo because that's what make the trip so enjoyable. Enjoy the ride at any speed!

I hope that my electronic throttle never gets stuck so that I never have to find out! Five over the limit is enough for me. . .

Gator454

Got her up to 105 MPH b4 backing down and still had some throttle left
Sure put a smile on my face. Not bad for 1340 CC

Back