free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

GLYD-N, I have '09 street glide. I have a SE heavy breather, power commander and vance & hines big radius 2 into 2, everything else stock. At 105, I know I have another 30 to go. No wobble or weave. Been ridin' HD's since '85, 60+ years old and still love and have the need for speed. In the right places of course. Agree with you, HD got it right with the FLHX!

Gosh I really don't know the top speed of my scoot.
I spend to much time enjoying the radio and just tooling
along about 75. Life gets better with age. 67 plus and
just having a ball.

just having a ball.

67, I'm only 43, but I wanna be just like you when I grow up:p
Keep ridin and enjoy life. Outstanding!!

Buried the needle on a sweet open stretch of highway on the way home. My guess is 125 and felt like it could have gone a bit more but I was cresting the hill and cop country was up ahead. Bike felt smooth and stable with no stress or wobble telling my to lay off the throttle. Probably won't do it again but it sure was a rush!

BTW, I have stage 1, rhineharts, and screaming eagle tuner. At 95 mph the bike feels like it has plenty more but really hits the wall at 100 mph. I don't think there is any way a 09 touring bike will hit 110 mph w/out some serious engine work

Guess I fit the description of Geezer. Had the Ultra up to a little over 80 occasionally, but usually like to ride the back roads around 50 to 60. Get going too fast and you can't hear the tunes or see where to stop so you can smell the roses. :D

BTW, I have stage 1, rhineharts, and screaming eagle tuner. At 95 mph the bike feels like it has plenty more but really hits the wall at 100 mph. I don't think there is any way a 09 touring bike will hit 110 mph w/out some serious engine work

:bigsmiley6: +1

Well I beg to differ about hearing the tunes at 100 mph, I got in touch from Pez @ hogtunes and got the 6 speaker upgrade with an amp and the tunes roll in quite nice at any speed and real easy to install.................I like to go 70 and the harley stock speakers were not real good at that speed but now the bikes behind me got tunes rollin out as well

just having a ball.
I"m 52 and couldn't agree more. Kids grown up doing their own things and a wife who loves hitting the open road.. Life is great :p

Back