free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

Not real sure but I know its faster than any posted speed limit that I have seen posted on any sign in Nevada. Ol guys like me enjoy the ride too much to go fast. The food and and the company are the same fast or slow. If I really hit it I guess it would be around 250 in my mind and my eyes would water and I couldn't see where I was going. :D :rofl :rofl :rofl
LOL

Since my testosterone levels have plummeted with age, I don't know. I just lie about it as the situation warrants. :D

2008 Roadking Classic with stage 1 and PC 5. 100 MPH with the wind to my back. It reaches 95 mph easily then just hits the wall.

By the way, I'm an old guy too... But I still love the adrenalin rush. You really only get old when you slow down.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I'm an old guy too... But I still love the adrenalin rush. You really only get old when you slow down.

But if you don't slow down, you might not get old :p

I'm not one to talk though. My steady cruising speed on the highway out in the country is 80-90 mph. Tunes blasting, g/f on the back chillaxing, sun shining,...... man, woman, and machine intertwined as one.
Just don't get no better!!!!!! :D

I have hit 90 with my 91 EGC, but anymore than 80 I lose that warm and fuzzy feeling. It seems to like 70-75 zone. I've mellowed with age, and now I enjoy the scenery. When I was younger all I looked at was the speedometer, now I enjoy the ride in a different way. I've enjoyed the journey both times. But after spending months in the hospital because of a cage, I go a little slower, I'm not as fixated and I don't have tunnel vision. I look around and see the sights, smell the roses, and put my hand on my wife's leg. Perfect!!!
WAP.gif

P.S. I was doing the speed limit on a Sporty,when the cage blew a light and T-Boned me. It was February 2nd, 1975, but it seems like yesterday.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon tell me Hobbit. I wanna know, I wanna know!!:s
really you wanna know - ok 2009 Ultra fully loaded 2 up about 140, 2009 CVO Ultra - not a clue as the speedo didn't go round far enough but the Porsche boxster driver was pretty miffed that i was pulling away and it was taking them for ever to catch me, my riding buddies said it was one of the funniest things they had ever seen - big fat bagger tunes blasting dropping a porsche from 80 - oh yeah the CVO was pretty stable at those speeds as well LOL

On my 12 Tri Glide with Andrews 48H cams, stock exhaust minus cat, PCV and stage 1 intake... 117 MPH on the digital speedo on my brothers Honda as I crawled past him. Trike is completly stable at that speed. Only time I have taken it up to speed. That was also in 5th gear, it slows down when you shift into 6th. My speedo was showing over 120 MPH.

way faster than I wanna find out.....I didn't buy my bike to go fast....so if the speed limit is 100kph I may go, 110-115 generally I stick to the speed limit...what's the point of going fast...I don't need the ticket, I get all the "rush " I need just driving it...If I'm in a hurry I'll drive my truck.

I guess my best is about 90 on a good day, however back in the last century on a 1976 Superglide on open highway at 6am running from rain laying down on the tank and throttle wide open the last time I could focus on the speed-o it said 138. I held on for a while but the tears got to be blinding so I had to let go the throttle.

Back