free website stats program Sad Day :( | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad Day :(

I rented a R.K. years ago while in Fla. and really enjoyed it. I think that was about 2000. It had a detachable windshield which was nice. Good luck!

If you look at the picture in my profile or avatar, that's a RK Classic with the leather covered bags etc.
Did you add a set of aftermaket bars? What do you suggest for a comfortable set of handlebars? I know some guys like the beachbars on the touring bikes. This is the first thing I am changing, new bars, grips and chrome covers on everything. Starting over from scratch on this bike :small3d023:

You'll find that the Heritage bars in chrome will be a good choice for that bike. It moves the controls back to you for a comfortable position.

I found the Aileron grips from HD to be very comfortable too and I also did a few chrome pieces too. :D

• Fender skirt V Logo
  • Kuryakyn extended heat shield
  • Billit shift linkage
  • Billet shifter levers
  • Shift pegs (2)
  • Billit brake lever
  • Brake pedal
  • Head bold covers
  • Caliper inserts
  • Front Floorboard covers (top)
  • Rear Floorboard covers (top)
  • Rear Floorboard (underside)
  • Soft lowers
  • Saddlebag guards
  • FLHR Stem clock
  • Banjo bolt covers (4)
  • Air pump (shocks)
  • Kuryakyn tail light cover
  • Kuryakyn Dash insert
  • Kuryakyn Regulator cover
  • Stage 1 Intake
  • K&N HD 0800 filter
  • Chrome fork air baffle
  • Dash panel complete (kury)
  • Clutch cable P Clip
  • Chrome reflector housings-frame
  • Rear aux brake/running lights
  • R Brake mounts
  • Kuryakyn cylinder base cover
  • Kuryakyn mid frame chrome covers
  • Chrome Drain screws
  • Timer cover
  • Chrome rear foot peg base kit (FLHX)
  • Rear passenger pegs (replaced boards)
  • Peg Mount bolt kit (chrome)
  • Isolated Drive System
  • Front bullet turn signals
  • Front Visors for above
  • Rear Turn Bullet Bar
  • Rear visors for above
  • Rear red lenses
  • Passing visor bezels
  • T/S visor bezels
  • Headlamp bezel
  • Chrome rear Master Cyl cover
  • Chrome Transmission interface
  • Chrome handlebars
  • Chrome clutch cable ferrules (2)
  • TFI (1250ST)
  • Alarm smart siren
  • License plate frame
  • Gerbing heated gloves
  • Kury Inner primary cover
  • Kury Lizard lights
  • Frog mouth neutral switch cover
  • Chrome Starter solenoid end cover
  • Chrome Tri bar LED Rear fender tip light kit (FLHX)
  • Caliper insert (oil cap)
  • Trans dip stick CH
  • Chrome FLT front-end package
Chrome fork kit-sliders/cowbells
Axle spacers/axle covers
Chrome hand levers
Chrome master cylinder & clutch perch
Chrome front master cylinder cover
Aileron grips
Chrome switch housings
Chrome switch bolt kit
Harness retainer

As you can probably tell.....I like CHROME!:bigsmiley20:

It don't get you home but it sure looks pretty sitting on the side of the road :D

In all honesty the 6 speed leaves a bit to be desired IMO with the gear ratios they have in the 07 bikes at least. The newer ones have been updated a bit as far as gearing.
First gear is too tall and the spacing between the gears isn't what it should be. Sixth gear is only good above 70 MPH.

I concure.:D

Irish Hog,

You need to change your signature line now that your rid of the Dyna and now a proud RK owner.

The Heritage bars are a nice improvement without the expense of cable changes and such.

Enjoy that new ride.

Bodeen

With as low of miles on her as you say, she has spent most of her life sitting. I would not start making cosmetic upgrades just yet. Take the green and put it aside, and ride her like you stole her. Expect her to show you some things she needs, operationally, in the near term. You can add pretties once she stops showing you things she really needs. Its hard to afford needs AND pretties.

I know she only has a few miles on her, but I suggst you do a good 10K service on her. Then you will have a fairly solid foundation of confidence to build on.

I'm just sayin'...

Enjoy,
Rich P

You'll find that the Heritage bars in chrome will be a good choice for that bike. It moves the controls back to you for a comfortable position.

I found the Aileron grips from HD to be very comfortable too and I also did a few chrome pieces too. :D

• Fender skirt V Logo
  • Kuryakyn extended heat shield
  • Billit shift linkage
  • Billet shifter levers
  • Shift pegs (2)
  • Billit brake lever
  • Brake pedal
  • Head bold covers
  • Caliper inserts
  • Front Floorboard covers (top)
  • Rear Floorboard covers (top)
  • Rear Floorboard (underside)
  • Soft lowers
  • Saddlebag guards
  • FLHR Stem clock
  • Banjo bolt covers (4)
  • Air pump (shocks)
  • Kuryakyn tail light cover
  • Kuryakyn Dash insert
  • Kuryakyn Regulator cover
  • Stage 1 Intake
  • K&N HD 0800 filter
  • Chrome fork air baffle
  • Dash panel complete (kury)
  • Clutch cable P Clip
  • Chrome reflector housings-frame
  • Rear aux brake/running lights
  • R Brake mounts
  • Kuryakyn cylinder base cover
  • Kuryakyn mid frame chrome covers
  • Chrome Drain screws
  • Timer cover
  • Chrome rear foot peg base kit (FLHX)
  • Rear passenger pegs (replaced boards)
  • Peg Mount bolt kit (chrome)
  • Isolated Drive System
  • Front bullet turn signals
  • Front Visors for above
  • Rear Turn Bullet Bar
  • Rear visors for above
  • Rear red lenses
  • Passing visor bezels
  • T/S visor bezels
  • Headlamp bezel
  • Chrome rear Master Cyl cover
  • Chrome Transmission interface
  • Chrome handlebars
  • Chrome clutch cable ferrules (2)
  • TFI (1250ST)
  • Alarm smart siren
  • License plate frame
  • Gerbing heated gloves
  • Kury Inner primary cover
  • Kury Lizard lights
  • Frog mouth neutral switch cover
  • Chrome Starter solenoid end cover
  • Chrome Tri bar LED Rear fender tip light kit (FLHX)
  • Caliper insert (oil cap)
  • Trans dip stick CH
  • Chrome FLT front-end package
Chrome fork kit-sliders/cowbells
Axle spacers/axle covers
Chrome hand levers
Chrome master cylinder & clutch perch
Chrome front master cylinder cover
Aileron grips
Chrome switch housings
Chrome switch bolt kit
Harness retainer
Holy Cow Glider, that is a list. The Heritage Bars were also a question, most likely will be my choice.

Irish Hog,

You need to change your signature line now that your rid of the Dyna and now a proud RK owner.

The Heritage bars are a nice improvement without the expense of cable changes and such.

Enjoy that new ride.

Bodeen
Right on, working on that now!!!

With as low of miles on her as you say, she has spent most of her life sitting. I would not start making cosmetic upgrades just yet. Take the green and put it aside, and ride her like you stole her. Expect her to show you some things she needs, operationally, in the near term. You can add pretties once she stops showing you things she really needs. Its hard to afford needs AND pretties.

I know she only has a few miles on her, but I suggst you do a good 10K service on her. Then you will have a fairly solid foundation of confidence to build on.

I'm just sayin'...

Enjoy,
Rich P
You are absolutely correct and that is the plan. I took it for a ride yesterday (test ride) and it rode really nice, engine sounded good. A little hiccuping and sputtering going on, but it needs a tune up. The odometer reads 2077, I mean that is what sold me. The owner said he rode it back and forth to town and to the bar and little errands, but as far as I am concerned, this bike did allot of sitting. Kind of funny but I kind of became friends with the seller, really cool guy, we plan on staying in contact and meeting up one these weekends to throw back a few brews.

The more I am looking this bike over, I have my work cut out for me, there is allot of pitting going on, but not severe, I think I can get most of it out and the parts I cannot I will change out, I am pretty confident that I can get it showroom clean and looking forward to it. Sad to say that I think the rims are shot, the front one I think I can get clean, but the back rim is thrashed. The paint is good and I will have all the paint on the bike looking like a mirror by the weekend. I paid $9700 for the bike. I think I did pretty good for an old, but somewhat new bike and I own it out right. That is the best part!! Thanks for the feedback..

Back